Is BMB created WinPE bootable media generic?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Sandunes, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

SIW2 posted some time ago the program DISMGUI, which permits to add drivers permanently and easily to an already created WINPE.

Several programs permit to include drivers permanently during the creation of the WinPE, including SIW2´s new program discussed above, which works with the WinRE, and Paragon Boot Media Builder, which works with WAIK or WADK.

Paragon Recovery Media Builder, which works with WinRE, doesn´t permit to include drivers during the WinPE creation process. Also, it can´t create an ISO in Win 8.1.

2. Sandunes

Sandunes Registered Member

Unfortunately we are not permitted to use 3rd party programs unless they are from an approved source. I was hoping there was a way to inject the USB 3.0 drivers during the WinPE creation process.

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I haven't tested to see if the Linux media is quicker. Those comparisons are difficult to do. One needs to use the same source partition, and the same destination- ensuring the amount of defragmented space on the destination is identical each time.

For example, different source partitions will have different files, some of which may be harder to compress, thus taking more time.

It is certainly possible the Linux media has fewer background processes, which may have an effect.

The advantage of pe media is not just that drivers can be added relatively easily, the main advantage is the other functions. Other programs can be included too. You will see from the screenie (previous page ) Explorer, Recuva, the amazing Bootice, nt6repair (what I wrote myself ), windows own recovery options, including refresh/reset, etc are all in the same media.

If you have a look at what Bootice alone can do, I think you will find it astonishingly useful.

I have made nt6repair to do things not available elsewhere. E.G accessing shadow copies from pe. Very useful to replace either just the registry from a shadow, or even the entire os. It also includes Drive letter fix, which doesn't require the user to know what the letter should be, and it doesn't pretend there are none. It does the whole thing automatically.

To load drivers, just type LDRV at the command prompt.

If you have the time to look at the other functions, feedback appreciated.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

5. UKTechguy

UKTechguy Registered Member

Seems to have been deleted or moved from dropbox

6. UKTechguy

UKTechguy Registered Member

I downloaded the trial version and can't find an option to build a linux boot disc - there only seems to be the extra BMB utility to make the PE version. Is the Linux boot builder only available in certain version (Pro as opposed to Suite?) or am I just looking in the wrong place - the menus are very different from my existing Pro 12 version.

7. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I don´t know if the Linux recovery medium can be created with the trial version. But in HDM 14 Suite and Pro versions, you can use two procedures:

1. Install HDM, install Recovery Media Builder (not Boot Media builder) and use it to create the Linux medium.
    2. Install HDM. The Linux 32-bit and 64-bit ISO files are in C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\Hard Disk Manager 14 Suite\iso. You can use these ISOs to build the boot media, using ImagBurn (Windows, Nero) to burn a boot CD, or Rufus to create a boot USB Flash drive.

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.