360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. anon

anon Registered Member

av-comparatives.org : Performance Test - May 2013
    Qihoo 360 Antivirus 4.0
    http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart4&year=2013&month=5&sort=1

http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/avc_per_201304_en.pdf

2. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

=
    A post from another thread that I totally agree with:

3. anon

anon Registered Member

The PDF has detailed info (test methods, etc).

4. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

His/her argument is still valid. Yeah, they try to be thorough, but do people really all use "standard" computers, leave theirs this empty IRL or determine that an AV is *objectively* light or heavy (apart from some extreme cases) after just testing it for half a month, and that it will never get faster/slower after using it for a decent amount of time (performance fluctuates more easily than detection/protection)?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  5. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Please bear with me for what may have been asked (and answered) before, but does '360IS' include a firewall? o_O

Cruise

6. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

'fraid not.

But there is an answer. Comodo firewall with the sandbox set to full virtualization and in my case - HIPS disabled. Love it muchly.

N.B. this is not of my own making. It was recommended to me & I have found the combo simply magnífico.

AaLF

7. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Aalf- at this point I would totally disregard the Qihoo Sandbox. It isn't as efficient as the Comodo SB, and the integration also isn't there yet.

8. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I have the protection level set to Low to make it lighter than with default Medium setting. With protection set to low, only file execution is monitored, file writing is not monitored.

Also, it's worth noting this from the PDF link:
    On different computers, antiviruses often affect performance differently. A good example of this is WSA, which despite being generally regarded at Wilders as being very light, was using around 96% CPU as one point on my computer. Or ESET software which I've found to be very light on some computers, and on others cause noticeable slowdowns.

9. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Does 360 IS have a removal tool other than the product uninstaller?

10. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

This is interesting. I don't venue down to the deep & murky end of the pool so is this 'low' setting O.K. for the illiterate public such as myself?

AaLF

11. roger_m

If 360 is causing slowdowns with the medium setting then it's worth trying the low setting.

In my opinion you will still get got protection.

12. barcelona72

barcelona72 Registered Member

Not that I can find anywhere,still using it myself but you never know when you may need one in the future.

13. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

In my experience if you are offline this suite is pretty much crippled in terms of protection as there are 2 cloud engines with just 1 offline AV that is BD engine that is providing signatures at BD free level as to what I have tested so far.

So its not even real BD sigs just a half part of it not saying its useless but you know,I was impressed by this software earlier but then it has later began to put me down in a while here.However,they CAN improve! If they change their HIPS to work offline too,that will change my views.

14. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb:

You got it exactly right. Improve the HIPS the right way by giving US the end user CHOICES of where, and what to allow, alert, or dismiss, AND this AV instantly becomes the absolute Jewell of the orient and the world barr none.

15. avman1995

Thanks Easter my friend for the support...That is more like it :thumb:

That is exactly my view on this program.By the way,is there been or is a new program update being planned as it has been quite some time now?

Also I must mention BD signatures used in the program arent really bad,they are pretty good like the real BD IMO :)

I really hope to see improvements by the developers because I want to have this program back on my machine.

16. Wendi

Wendi Registered Member

If you guys want a free AV that's light on resources while providing excellent protection, I simply don't see the rationale for selecting 360IS over Avast. :doubt:

Wendi

17. pbeg7

pbeg7 Registered Member

AD's.

18. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Easter- I don't understand your point. When a Proactive alert pops up, although it does have a default action listed, you still have a choice to Block or Allow. And that for malware the default action is Block is a very good thing.

19. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Woo. The sharpness of the tongue. The turn of phrase. I thought bellgamin had come back. I miss the ol' codger. :'(

20. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Bellgamin - one of the greatest Wilder's participants ever.

I wonder what happened to him..

21. roger_m

While I haven't used Avast for some time, I presume that 360 is a lot lighter.

It is very rare for 360 to cause any noticeable slowdowns, which is why I use it.

22. avman1995

Now let this not be A vs B.However, the presence of 3 engines makes 360 a better choice but according AV tests and AV-C avast has been performing better.

However, 360 IS has some points to address before I began to use it again. :)

23. Wendi

Wendi Registered Member

Perhaps, but I don't see any evidence whatsoever to support that presumption. On the other hand...

-http://www.raymond.cc/blog/which-free-antivirus-is-the-lightest-on-system-memory-usage/-

Wendi

24. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    Using this instead of Avast since Avast refuses to install on my machine. (see avast beta thread) it's working well.

25. SweX

SweX Registered Member

For everyones interest, he has not logged in on Wilders since Feb 19: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/member.php?u=1081

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.