360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

This was on freshly formatted machine. I did maximize or optimize the setting by chosing more stronger protection then the default setting. For example I chose for 360 to scan all files and checked all engines to be active.

I do not know why this issue happened but as you can read I am not alone.

Anyway after this problem I was forced to unistall 360 and install AVG internet security 2013 and all is well and peachy.

Also I never has anuyissues like this with baidu or kingsoft and any other security products.

In the future I may give it a try, when it is more mature or known better. For now, AVG IS is the way to go for me.

My system is windows 7 ultimate 64bit dual core AMD Athelon 250 with 3GB ram, 700GB harddriver, Nvidia geforce 6150. This is the spec of the system that i tried 360 on and had issues.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  2. rtransformation

rtransformation Registered Member

Maybe the international version is as not good as the Chinese version, I think it will be better soon.:D

3. Jaska

Jaska Registered Member

Quite funny that my system is quite close to your specs, and Q360 is unusable with it.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Updated Bitdefender again this past night and it went smooth as silk. I am dumfounded at the strangely lite weight it barely produces on my system that this Triple AV affects. It's almost stupid unbelievable how smooth and incredibly stable that it is on Windows 8.

I can safely confirm that Outpost HIPS Pro FW. 8.1 is 100% compatible along with 360 Security AV on Windows 8 x64 and absolutely compliment 360 in a very efficient support role. No bumps or bruises have been observed whatsoever on my machine running together.

Imagine the scope of this manner of PC security. A triple engine AV with built-in Proactive Defense subsystem offset and complimented with a full blown granular HIPS and firewall!

The cloud really helps compliment these AV engines it employs and all together surprisingly maintains a balance of effectiveness in protection i don't remember ever seeing before. A really engenius step if truth be told.

360 Whitelist is very hands-on configurable and any and all settings are easily found within reach.

I yet to find a first issue with it that would need reporting so far but there is one minor suggestion i like to request if it's acceptable.

Could you gentlemen please add a simple modification to ADD OPTION FOR LOCAL AUDIO FILE ON ALERTS! and 360's scan results log to also offer the choice of saving to an HTML file?

Regards Easter

5. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

@Easter - So, would you recommend 360 Internet Security and Outpost Firewall Pro combo?

Are you still testing this setup and if so, is it still running smooth for you?

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

TyRidian

Easter here. Good Morning -5 time. This combo is been running non-stop nearly 24 hours and i been periodically throwing malware scripts and files at it as is my vicious custom to cram my systems hard in an attempt to expose any deficiency in security.

Between that and occasionally playing chess against Winboard, i been up on this combo ALL NIGHT and I'm thoroughly convinced this is going to be my preferred setup. I already dropped a post in "what's your security setup" topic hinting to my choice.

YES! That combo is Perfect together, at least it sure the heck is on my Windows 8 laptop. I even discovered that 360 Security is first to alert with user choice to SCRIPT launches from a USB Pen while Outpost Pro 8.1 alerts/BLOCKS first to executables completely. An interesting and enjoyable result from running both together.

I also have a Memory/CPU live graph on taskbar and there's no severe spikes at all or overage of taxing Memory.

I wish some others could try this combination too and offer their own results and review.

I'm sticking to this like glue. I grown very fond of 360 Security in just? the short time this week i been using it and i am an AV hater big time. LoL

360 Security is made me do a complete 360 in how i view Anti-Virus now. At least for sure this one.

Regards Easter

7. taleblou

Don't know why is like this. In the future I will try it when I get the courage to go back to using windows and connect the pc I formatted with win 7 as a spare.

For now I stay with linux mint-15 mate 64bit as the NSA mess and windows hacks was the last straw for me to use windows.

8. Circe

Circe Registered Member

Easter, After reading your post I thought I would try 360 security and I am pleasantly surprised, 360 security is very light on my system and is working beautifully 'hand in hand' w/ outpost firewall pro, thanks for the advice Easter :thumb:

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Glad i could help. No problem.

Wonderful combination wouldn't you say? If we're lucky enough and the timing is just right, sometimes pieces of the puzzle fall right into place. Both these versions just happened along together nearly the same time.

I'm confident 360 Security AV will prove out equally compatible paired up together with other programs because Qihoo is very stable.

10. taleblou

Just tried it on another pc for a older family pc with win 7 32bit and it works as it should be. No problems like the one I had faced with the pc with win 7 64bit and the first update went in 4 minutes instead of 30 minutes. I set it to maximum protection and rebooted and all is fine.

I do not know why my 64bit windows 7 does not like it and it causes thsoe problem. SOme incompatibilities.

Anyway it is working fine on a 32bit win 7

o_O o_O o_O :blink:

11. taleblou

Something odd. I checked the and redownloaded the 64bit again and in the file name it has a version "B" same as the 32bit, but the one I downloaded before and had issue with had a version "A" in it??

So have 360 changed or updated the installer maybe since last time I tried 2 days ago?

I will re-try 64bit later in the future in the same pc.

12. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

lol,it doesnt support windows vista x64 :)

13. Fantasyhong

Fantasyhong Registered Member

Hi talelou,

360 uses letters to indicate different versions if the changes they make are minor. They usually put one letter at the end of the file you download. They update their installer quite often so don't be surprised if you find out the file names are different in one day.

14. Tyrizian

Just briefly tried this one out

My PROS so far:
    It is light on the system
    The interface is well designed (Simple and to the point, very clean)
    It includes triple engines, One being Bitdefender
    There is a nice set of features included (URL Filtering, Download Protection, Etc.)

My CONS so far:
    That it doesn't register as Providing protection for Spyware and unwanted programs, under Security/Action Center.
    The name of the product - It's not an Internet Security package, Why call it 360 Internet Security, especially if such IS features aren't present just yet.

These are just my initial impressions of the product, I still haven't thrown anything at it yet.

Once I have time to test it, I'll make sure to post my end result's on this product.

15. Fingol

Fingol Registered Member

Thanks Easter for mentioning no problems with Outpost. That is how I was intending to use it. (Only have it on a VM at present)
    Been hoping for an English version for a long time.

TyRidian your thoughts are the same as mine. Should I run Windows Defender with it? My opinion on Win Def is that it's useless. Just don't like Windows telling me to turn it on all the time.

I don't know the size of the latest updates, but it went very fast compared to a couple of days ago. (Not used it since then)

16. Tyrizian

To be quite honest with you, I don't like Windows Defender.

I don't think it's useless, but I think it's got a long way to go.

It's up to you if you want Windows Defender enabled, but if it were my machine...I wouldn't use it.

17. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

No Problem at all Fingol. Your quite welcome. That was.more then just sharing my personal enthusiasm. I been in this a long time and.nothing is more disheartening and frustrating as recognizing with excitement an ideal combination only to discover one of them has to be dropped from your security layout because of incompatibility or some other inconsistency.

Glad to help.

Regards Easter

18. korb

korb Registered Member

uninstall the english version and trying out the chinese version to see what the different.

19. stephentony

stephentony Registered Member

originally posted by EASTER
    EASTER, I know exactly how you feel. When i first installed WSA with Comodo FW 5.0 it seemed like the perfect combination. 24 hours later my system would hang at boot and then take almost 5 minutes for Comodo to load. I spent the next 2 weeks trying everything I could think of along with help from Webroot and Comodo to no avail. When you think you have the perfect setup it really is disheartening to have to abandon it. As it turned out I am very happy with just WSA and the Windows 7 firewall.

I installed 360 Internet Security on my work laptop along with the Outpost Pro firewall and I am beside myself with how well this combo works together! The desktop on Windows 7 boots so fast that you would think I was booting from a SSD and I'm not. My system feels light as a feather. It caught every piece of malware I threw at it without a single FP. Yes, I'm happy. Thanks for the recommendation.

20. guest

guest Guest

This "may" be a great replacement for a AV I trusted until they put crap into it I didn't want or paid for, it also had a over bloated UI

I have been running AV free since then and come to like it and most likely will stay that way because I'm not sure if an AV is the way to go now, but this one is light and very interesting, will try it out for a while and also this is one of a "FEW" that will run on my system although I did have to teach it that the mods that I have made on my system are not a virus, so far so good, we will see

21. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I here ya. I'm a huge modder myself.

It's a chief reason i stay with MS platforms at all. Qihoo 360 Security AV is earned my personal endorsement by doing everything right in this program by extending coverage with it's triple scan method as well as apply a Proactive Defense. All of this integrated into a single POWERHOUSE of security but not at all at the expense of your machine's optimum performance. It deserves repeating that with all that, Qihoo 360 Triple Security AV is exceptionally lite and as stable as you would ever need it to be.
    Commercial over. LOL

22. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Easter how did you get past the Qihoo asking you to uninstall SD? Did you just uninstall and then re-install?

23. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

You got it. Simple maneuver.

The only reason it's even recommended is have to be 360 Sandbox module from what i see.

At any rate Shadow Defender is sitting pretty in the tray as OnDemand. And when activated it works as it always did. No issues with 360 Security at all.

Thanks to all this compatibility with 360 Triple Engine AV w/Cloud and Proactive Defense, this is one mighty tight setup that's also lite as a feather. I do plenty of heavy duty video editing and flash and with all this security running together with my apps, it's like you don't even notice you have Live Antivirus running at all but it's there waiting to either update or alert to something.

24. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Has anyone go any information on detection rates with BitDefender disabled.

I uninstalled 360 due to 35% CPU at one time, but would like to give it another try without BitDefender enabled as this is supposed to make it lighter. However if detection rates are low without BD I won't bother.

25. guest

guest Guest

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2239997&postcount=75

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.