When Will Paragon Replace Full Partition Defragmentation?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Cypherdude, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cypherdude

Cypherdude Registered Member

Hello,
    I already have Partition Manager 11 Pro. Last year, in July, the reason why I did not upgrade to Hard Disk Manager 12 Pro is because it does not have partition defragmentation. PM 11 Pro does have this feature. Both do have MFT defragmentation but I also want full partition defragmentation. When is Paragon going to put the partition defragmentation back?

As a side note, I can understand why Paragon removed the full partition defragmentation feature. When I did a full defragmentation on a partition, I cancelled out. PM 11 Pro then wrecked the entire partition and I had to use a backup copy to replace it. I had the "fast" defragmentation turned on, not the safe type.

I guess I should ask then:
    When is Paragon going to put the partition defragmentation back and which works correctly? :cool:

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It works fine. You interrupted it.

It is overkill for most users, and you may not be the only impatient one.

That is probably why they removed it.

3. Cypherdude

Cypherdude Registered Member

Hello,
    today I received an eMail, "Upgrade to Hard Disk Manager Business and save 20%!." None of the Hard Disk Manager 12 programs, Professional, Business or Premium, have full partition optimization. All they have is MFT optimization:
    Hard Disk Manager 12 Business & Premium Comparison
    Hard Disk Manager 12 Professional & Suite Comparison

Until you bring back the full partition defragmentation feature which Paragon Partition Manager 11 Professional Edition already has, I can not upgrade to your newer program.

Sincerely,
    Cypherdude.

4. Psychosiz

Psychosiz Registered Member

I just purchased the paid version of the program today. I was using the free version which worked fine for what I needed. I watched the video and read about the paid version and they both mention the defragmentation portion of the program. That is the main reason I paid for the upgrade. I would have been happy with the free version. They should take the video and the mention of the defrag program away. It is very misleading.

5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Since version 10.1.19.16240, which was released in November 2012, the defragmenter was excluded from HDM (a right decision, in my opinion).

I would expect a new HDM version soon. Some parts of the program are clearly outdated, for example the procedures to build WinPE media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.