What is your security setup these days?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Dec 15, 2005.

1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

no :) emsisoft and trendmicro antivirus in 1 pc and another has emsisoft and kaspersky and the othe same:D

2. Thanks, really appreciate that :thumb: I have been with safe/lazy admin setup last three years, my wife uses WSA, mother of nearly 80 uses DefenseWall, my son uses AppGuard/Avast free.

I have to admit (Hi I am Kees and I am addicted to security aps) from time to time I install a random security application, throw all the malware samples I can get my hands on, to this security application. Do a compleet refresh (re-install previous image) and continue with my boring old setup again.

How do you handle the "there is nothing new under the sun" at Wilders and the itch of a steady setup?

Let's be honest, even Jmonge and Trjam keep their setups for at least a week nowadays. Life is not what it has been anymore, :doubt:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2013
  3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

4. VectorFool

VectorFool Registered Member

Then you should have created an account by the name "SpareKees1958" :D

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

or wilders_kees:D :cool:

6. Mhwaa Wilders is a also a guy from a right winged political party in the Netherlands, his ideas are not my cup of tea, so spare kees (pronounce 'spare case' in Dutch) would have my preference.

And now for something completely different, has someone read something of Bellgamin lately (he is very old, so I allways cross my fingers when I see no post of him anymore o_O )

7. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

Thought of him the other day myself. Haven't seen anything posted by him in about a year, I would guess. Always loved reading his comments...

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Same here, and FYI:https://www.wilderssecurity.com/member.php?u=1081

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

back to WSA, just cant beat it.

10. blasev

blasev Registered Member

just realized kees is now windows_security
    and bellgamin is 82 years old!!

11. zitch

zitch Guest

Thanks. The whole Microsoft update site is a foggy bottom. You are correct. It is a joy to navigate. I will stumble around in there, pick, choose, pull my hair out, cuss, and finally wind up with some updates, after staying up much too late at night.And in the end, I will avoid using CCleaner, as it will wipe out my System Restore points, then I will be left using much profanity, when things don't work right, and I can't restore anything. But I had my happy pill today, so I will be ok....~Zitch~

12. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Welcome back fast boot-up and web browsing eh? :thumb:

13. guest

guest Guest

testing WSA + Mamutu + ERP

14. siketa

siketa Registered Member

That combo should be light as a feather and strong as a cryptonite...:D

15. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Cool, :argh:

16. guest

guest Guest

Thanks, i didn't mentionned Sandboxie and Shadow Defender alongside ^^

17. VectorFool

VectorFool Registered Member

Removed Avira antivirus (still my no.1 favorite) and installed Kaspersky AV 2013 in its place
    Updated Comodo Firewall.
    The system has taken a minimal hit due to its transition from the zero weight Avira to Little weight Kaspersky.
    the system startup is delayed by 3 secs, folders and shortcuts take a noticeable time to load.
    But i am loving the extra security :)

18. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! Just took advantage of the Bits D' Jour 50% off on Spyshelter 8.2 Premium...to compliment WSA Essentials...and Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Sincerely...Securon

19. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

good morning from calgary alberta it is Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Sincerely...jmonge:) :thumb:

20. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Come on Securon...no virus has a chance on that set-up....no fun!:D

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  21. zitch

zitch Guest

Kaspersky is the only AV I have never run. I have used all of the others.Had a friend who was using it, and he did have some infections, but I suspect that his system was not as secure as some of ours are. I know he was not running Emet. And I doubt if he adjusted the settings on anything. He just had Kaspersky and a firewall. It takes more than that nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2013
  22. zitch

zitch Guest

I had a bad experience with Emsisoft. Not blaming them, could have been my fault, something I did wrong, but had some damage done when I uninstalled it. Hope no one else has had the same problem.

23. zitch

zitch Guest

Well, I took a walk in "foggy bottom"...(Microsoft's update site, lol) and downloaded the important patches and updates. So, guess I am good to go. Reviewed my update history, everything looks good. My .NET FW is up to date, along with all of the other security updates. I am running a defrag right now, also.

24. guest

guest Guest

testing:

Webroot SA complete + Mamutu + Comodo FW + ExeRadarPro + Sandboxie (free) + Shadow Defender + Rollback RX

because i can do it ^^

25. CrusherW9

CrusherW9 Registered Member

I think it's safe to say that you'll be ok...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.