G Data Total Protection 2014 BETA

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by chabbo, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwardmax2010

edwardmax2010 Registered Member

404 not found. :(

2. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

Confirmed...it was working yesterday.o_O

I was gonna say go for it, but...

3. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! I also installed the 2014 version...and as stated it's the Release Version...and so far am impressed with it's performance...it feels less resource hungry...and am very impressed with the Gui...and Layout. I entered my password...and user I.D. and Up...Up...and Away. As with past useage...time will dictate it's impact on my system. I'm curious as to how the Banking Protection operates. Anybody familiar with it's operation? Nice product and Kudos to all at G-Data. Sincerely...Securon

4. edwardmax2010

Can I ask how much resource does it consume? I want to test it but the link is dead.

5. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

The RAM usage is much lower than v.2013, the CPU is also OK, the only thing that I don't like is the I/O reads and writes.

6. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Registered Member

Hello Securon,

this article describes the way BankGuard operates:
    http://translate.google.de/translat...ung/G-Data-jagt-Banking-Trojaner-1383986.html

Cheers,
    Ford

7. Securon

Good Morning ! Thanks for the update...Ford Prefect! The article states in the link you provided that it doesn't use signatures or heuristics...is it a Behaviour based application? Sincerely...Securon

8. Ford Prefect

BankGuard detects hooking and manipulation of the browser's Dlls - so it's a kind of behaviour based approach.
    Some slides to click through:
    http://prezi.com/kbv5g4ycndla/banksafe-information-stealer-detection-inside-the-web-browser/

cu,
    Ford

9. guest

guest Guest

10. Ford Prefect

11. guest

guest Guest

i am using chrome :)

12. edwardmax2010

I manage to find the links for the final version.

G Data Total Protection 2014
    h**p://qsmirror.gdatasecurity.de/qs/WEB/SECURITY2014/INT/TP/INT_R_FUL_2014_TP.exe

G Data IS 2014
    h**p://qsmirror.gdatasecurity.de/qs/WEB/SECURITY2014/INT/IS/INT_R_FUL_2014_IS.exe

G Data AV 2014
    h**p://qsmirror.gdatasecurity.de/qs/WEB/SECURITY2014/INT/AV/INT_R_FUL_2014_AV.exe

13. Securon

Good Afternoon! Currently using G-Data I.S.2014 in Stand Alone mode. It's lighter than 2013...2012...versions...and a full system scan took only 38 minutes on my system...impressive...and reponsive. Should ascertain within the next couple of weeks...if this Version will be a keeper. Stay Tuned! Sincerely...Securon

14. railroader66

railroader66 Registered Member

Could we trust these links ?
    Are they officially from Gdata ?
    Please could someone comfirm ?

Regards,

15. Securon

Good Evening! Railroader66...The links are from the U.K. G-Data site...that's the link I downloaded from. I would suspect that would be acknowledged as an Official Site. Sincerely...Securon

16. railroader66

railroader66 Registered Member

Many thanks Securon.

17. newone

newone Registered Member

looks good :thumb:

18. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Still no reviews of it? :D

19. Securon

Good Morning! Well Noob... in my opinion it might be a month or so before PC World or PC Mag begin their reviews of the G-Data 2014 line-up...but you might check PC Pro or PC Advisor in the U.K. since it's been released in the U.K. but as mentioned just recently...the last two to three weeks. Or if anyone speaks German...check out I believe it's called PC Welt magazine. But so far I'm very impressed with it's re-vamped Gui...and it's lack of bloat...and no problems using it in tandem with WSA Essentials. Sincerely...Securon

20. pykko

pykko Registered Member

21. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I am still sad over the loss of the Avast! signatures and technology.

22. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

I was too, at first. But I'm going to give G Data the benefit of the doubt, as I don't think they would switch to their in house engine if they didn't have a good degree of faith in it. I'm looking forward to see how it performs in testing. It definitely runs lighter, and scans faster. Start-up & shut down speeds are also improved.

23. Securon

Good Morning ! I believe Inspector Clouseau...who helped Sunbelt develop the Vipre engine...was on board as a developer with G-Data's engine. Time will tell as mentioned...when it under goes testing with A/V Comparitives. Sincerely...Securon

24. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I have done tests, and its the reason that i switched to Emsisoft. Try in a VM turning off engine (A) and just leave engine (B) the In-House engine enabled. You would be shocked to know that it detects basically nothing. In my test bed of 100 samples it detected 3. I don't even think it is a signature approach and is more of an advanced bank guard then anything. I think they changed from Avast! for one reason and one only, that BitDefender works well enough in known testing to be acceptable on its own and dropping Avast! makes them more money.

My guess why its lighter and runs faster is because it lacks the Avast! signatures to hold in memory and while scanning, which is also why it scans faster, its almost as if for me at least engine (B) in not even there, or just for show.

25. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I have not yet tried Gdata 2014, but keep in mind that the old engines probably had a lot of overlap and since they now have their own, they can focus on things the other engine misses and keep the database smaller because of the lack of overlap. Best would be to test both 2013 and 2014 at the same time with both engines enabled before making conclusions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.