SUMo : Keep your software up to date

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Kyle_Katarn, Dec 20, 2011.

1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

It seems you are now stooping to the level of foul language.Interesting.And admittedly no i havent "tested" all software but like i have said before to you it is very unwise to download software which has RK bundled with some of the installers and many people will be put off by this.My point being that the developer is not doing himself any favours at all by using this RK stuff.

But fine!!!.so be it but there will be many users who will turn away from this software for this reason.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2012
  2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The irony in all this is Kyle has pointed out there is a lite version (not the no-RK version that's listed) of this product that doesn't contain RK. So users will be downloading the lite version instead anyway, which makes having the RK or no-RK versions kinda moot.

If Kyle needs money to develop this program, I suggest he slaps a small charge on it and have done with bundling stuff like RK.

3. guest

guest Guest

.. then DON'T talk about it! That's the problem with you. Your strong opinions that often aren't based on own testing! - Less opinion, more testing I would say. :p - Parrots aren't needed here, just fearless pioneers. :D

Just imagine what hell this forum would be if all users would utter their mere OPINIONS formed ONLY by reading about things (not "facts" they experienced themselves, giving precious feedback to others or relevant (keyword!) thoughts!). About everything. Always. -> HORROR! o_O

"No I didn't test this, but I have a strong opinion regardless: this product is bad!" - If you would admit that always, you not having any testing experience and just writing about it because you are bored, then probably it would be (annoying but) okay. But you don't do that! Other people could (sometimes) take you serious what you say and they shouldn't if you don't know what you are talking about. :rolleyes:

But why would anyone do this? o_O I surely didn't ever install the RK-version over years!? - Wonder why?

BECAUSE I AM ABLE TO READ!!! :D
    (If you can't -> use glasses! :cool:)

Oooh that is very, very noble of you!!! :thumb: So your attempt to trash this software and it's reputation (without ever testing it despite the fact there are links without any bundles!) and giving it thumbs down is actually your try to HELP the author? :rolleyes: - Sure. :D

If you need a handkerchief, while saving the world of developers, just let me know. :D

SCNR! ;) (I only said I would try and I did!!! :p)

Maybe he should give that a try, I know I would pay for it on first day! - I always support programs that are useful to me. Because I don't want them abandoned but instead updated for a long time! :)

4. The Red Moon

You so sound like the english scientist sir francis bacon.(Lord verulam)or viscount of st albans if you like.He too was always inadvertently contradicting himself.which is what you do although you do lack his intellect by many miles lol.:D

You seem to like the sound of your own voice.Such arrogance is quite unattractive in any form.
    Forums are for "discussion" and also for opinions which is what it is all about.
    If we can put things into a wider spectrum of comparison by what you stated."cannot have a opinion without testing it".That is ridiculous.
    Ive never climbed mt everest but i have an opinion about it as to people all around the world.

You need to educate yourself on human relations and then you may look at yourself in a different light.

5. guest

guest Guest

Says the same guy that has many hundred junk postings in half a year! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't right now be posting anything btw. if it weren't for the good cause:
    to make your troll life here as most unpleasant as I can! :D

And please don't always project things onto other people, again and again just talking to yourself, that's really embarrassing! o_O But if you insist to do that because no one else is going to talk to you (after all talking to a deaf dead doesn't make any sense, right! :D), at least don't use your keyboard please!!! Just talk to the curtain or torture a (surely soon dead but finally redeemed *puppy*) animal with your annoying troll outpourings. Thank you. :rolleyes:

Yeah, is it? Good thing then I don't want to dude with you, mate. ;)

Security related discussion. Yes. - Educated opinions regarding that matter. Yes, of course!

But Wilders Forum was surely not created so that you could utter your every stupid and misleading (!) brain fart while trashing software you admittedly (!) don't even know, Mr. Troll! Else you would have by now a subforum and people from all over the world would be laughing at you! - And only that I meant.

It has to have some RELEVANCE (to other people, not only to YOU and your vain EGO!) what you are posting and nothing is relevant per se just because it's your OPINION out of thin air or not so thin air out of your ...!

Yes. Yesss. Yessssss. :rolleyes: - You do always have an opinion on every subject possible! :gack: And because unfortunately you have to express and discuss every bowel movement here you are such a pain in the ... right, good DDx!

The thing is, good example btw: keep your opinion to yourself about mount Everest, at least here as it has no relevance at all (you could talk BS about the software of the same name though) and even elsewhere you would have trouble to find anybody on this planet who cares about your opinion ...

-> IF YOU DID *NOT* ACTUALLY CLIMB THAT MOUNTAIN!
    (If you did it's a whole different story of course!)

It's the same with software you don't quit babbling about but never have used. It's just (more than!) dumb. o_O Frankly I never saw someone so daft before!? Hello? Is there *any* brain function *tocktock*?! Rhetorical question. - Maybe you should take entrance fee and get rich? "The man that makes indoor plants looking cerebral". :blink:

Something like that. So you can afford for once software that is NOT free? And therefore has not to be bundled then with what you call "spyware" without even testing it? Did you ever see the correlation?! Being a die-hard freebie user and seeing more and more toolbars etc. getting installed?

No. I tell you what I need, devout Commodo-Follower! I need you to stop proving with every posting what monuMENTAL m.... you are. Why? Because I will soon fall laughing from my chair, if you don't! :D

Btw: that thread here is (well, was) about SUMo last time I checked and I suggest the mods just deleting all off-topic stuff, mine included of course. If this stops the dead yet spamming composer (not of great music but of daily BS postings) I am very happy to be part of the "fallout". :p

6. The Red Moon

well oddly none of your hateful rant was actually about SUMO was it?
    You really are full of contradictions and your also i have come to realise a complete hypocrite.
    And a bit more respect for the late mr beethoven if you dont mind(if your capable of respect that is:blink: )

I have tried to be as diplomatic as possible with you but to no avail and with every subsequent reply to me your hostility has intensified to a degree where sensible debate with you about security matters and basically any other subject would be totally futile.
    I cannot see any reason why i would wish to converse with you any longer now or in the immediate future because your simply not capable of comprehending a wide adverse of opinion.
    I have observed on the download page of this product that relevant knowledge spyware may come bundled with an incorrect installation,now it is my duty as a person and a fellow computer user to inform people of this.Now what would you suggest i do just ignore this and let people infect themselves.:eek:
    It seems you have no compassion at all and i dont wish to converse with a person like you anymore.
    Regards.:D

7. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

I have used SuMo for several years and have NEVER encountered any spyware. If you take the time to read WHAT you are downloading, there is no reason for you to download anything that contains anything undesirable. I feel this is true of many of the FREE apps out there. Just use reasonable caution so you understand what you are downloading. I appreciate and endorse SuMO, for me it's very useful.

8. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

download lite version;)
    For me its a must have app:thumb:

9. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

Thank you nikanthpromod & JohnBurns !

10. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

This is what I mean. Everyone sees that, and goes to download that. It makes having the other versions pointless because nearly everyone will now be downloading the lite version. Kyle doesn't benefit so, again, if you need the money, Kyle, re-think this strategy. I seriously would consider having one download for the product, but make it shareware or even donationware.

11. The Red Moon

I feel i must apologise to the developer of this software.:) I am in no way trying to discredit it in any way,all i was trying to do was express my concern in regard to the download options.Im sure there will be many people just like me who will be put off the software purely on the RK issue.

It really is in the developers best interest to remove those installers.
    I hope the developer will accept my humblest apologies.:oops:

12. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

I do accept :)

13. max2

max2 Registered Member

This is why I love Kyle! :)

Do you know if there will ever be a way around being able to add Newsleecher to SUMo please? Thanks.

All my requests to the program's author have gone unanswered.

14. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

I have the latest version of FreeVideoDub (not the whole FreeStudio), the 3.11 available update i don't know what it is. If it's again because i run it portably and all that, nevermind, don't bother.
    SecureBanking is the program discussed here
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=332127

Attached Files:

15. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

What's the error you get when you drag'n'drop its executable onto SUMo ?

16. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

Concerning FreeVideoDeub, please open a bug report there and i'll fix this asap : http://www.kcsoftwares.com/bugs/

Concerning SecureBanking : What does exe file properties say about version info ?
    (btw : http://www.kcsoftwares.com/bugs/view.php?id=1786)

17. max2

max2 Registered Member

Executable is not supported (Version info is missing or not supported)

:(

18. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

Have to be reported to its developper (ask for version info in exe file properties)

19. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

Your criticism was pertinent and this is a place to express opinions.

20. max2

max2 Registered Member

That will never happen. :( I already tried asking on their forum.

Btw cFosSpeed Window (64 bit) is saying there is an update when there really isn't. I currently have version 8.2.1972.0, which is the latest version. Though it is saying there is a minor update to 8.3.1999.0 which is untrue. Unless that is the beta but it shouldn't be showing that anyway. May I ask if you fix this please? Thanks.

21. max2

max2 Registered Member

Supposedly there is a Steam update as well when there really isn't.

22. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

Report it. Right click Steam -> report error [or something like that].

23. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

Fixed

24. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

Fixed

25. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.