NOD won't let me download a plugin?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Eagle55, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagle55

Eagle55 Registered Member

V5.2.9.1 - running Windows 7 Pro 32 bit Service Pack 1

This week I was downloading a Wordpress plugin I purchased (Simple Video Pro) NOD was detecting PHP/Kryptik.AE trojan - as a virus and deleting it. I contacted the plugin support and this is what I was told:

"The reason for this warning is that the plug-in is protected by ascii-encoding and and some virus programs see the encoding as a threat. It is not a threat and is installed on thousands of systems with zero reports of any virus. It is 100% free of malware and does not report anything but license verification back to our database. Sorry for the confusion."

How can I stop NOD from seeing this as a threat so I can download it?

Thanks for your help!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Isn't it detected as a Potentially unwanted application?

3. Eagle55

Eagle55 Registered Member

I wasn't aware that I had it checked for Potentially unwanted applications ... I unchecked and now it is fine.

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

According to the ESET Knowledgebase,

6. siljaline

It would behoove the user installing the software to choose either | or...
    If I recall correctly, these are prompts during the installation process that cannot be skipped. It's a recommended Opt-In The article you are citing is the one that shows how to disable PUA | Unsafe Apps , clearly,
    in that article the two boxes would have been unchecked for illustrative purposes. If you have a real support question, please start a fresh thread.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

No thanks on starting a new thread. I'm on topic right here with this one. ;)

Eagle55 asked, "How can I stop NOD from seeing this as a threat so I can download it?". As I have pointed out, ESET by default does not detect PUAs, so this is helpful info, I would think.

ESET PUP detection default.jpg

8. siljaline

You are taking what I and what ESET Support states out of context, re-read what I what I already posted.
    PUA | Potentially Unsafe Apps are off by default prior to installation of the software, not by default once the software is installed, as these checks must be chosen, you cannot install the software by bypassing these checks.

If the OP has further questions, I would be happy to address them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.