Roboscan ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sg09, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

The firewall is inactive by default.

2. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

ahh yes.I saw the on/off for firewall.In my enthusiasm and quick reading i thought Ivoshoen had figured a way of installing it without the module at all (like a custom install)for a minute :shifty:

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I doubt it was save much HDD space. Maybe a few meg. I think most of the size of the program is due to definitions.

4. Vilmalith

Vilmalith Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoftÂ’s Tera Engine

Are any of you using it with the firewall on? I'm trying it and have it set to notify for allow/block on outgoing connections. I'm not getting notified but it is blocking somethings (and not others.... anyone know how it decideds??). And then for some of the stuff it's blocking and I can allow it by app name, and for others it just doesn't seem to matter and never allows outbound traffic.

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I'm using the fw. Can't answer your questions though. Basically I think it acts just a whitelist fw than proper fw. I don't care though.

6. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I'm using the FW on it's standard settings, and don't remember getting any alerts so far.

7. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

I'm using the firewall as well, set to block, with the allow/block prompt on, and I get notified the first time pretty much anything tries to connect. Now that RIS has been active for several days, it's basically silent.

8. blasev

blasev Registered Member

the firewall is easy to use and notified any outgoing connection.
    having no problem so far, I think I'll stay this AV suite for a longer time :D

9. Spyros

Spyros Registered Member

Has anyone else noticed slower loading times for images while surfing the net? (P.S. I'm only using the AV, not the firewall)

10. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

I have noticed it as well, but I am not sure as to the cause yet.

11. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

No image loading slowdowns here, using Waterfox 13 or IE 9 (64 bit).

12. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I have noticed any image loading issues, but I will try to watch for them.

Edit: Played around looking for the image lag tonight, but had no issues.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  13. blasev

blasev Registered Member

I have no image loading issues as well, tested using vmware with 1 Proc only :thumb:

14. IvoShoen

I uninstalled Privatefirewall and tried out the built-in firewall. I ran the Comodo Leak Test and it scored only 10 out of 330. Not good at all. I disabled the firewall and installed Comodo FW. My conclusion is that the ESTsoft AV is great but its FW not so good.

15. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Its probably as good as any non hips firewall.

16. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

:rolleyes: ...

17. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

but when performs CLT windows Fw was disabled? 10 points is horryble
    I speak so becaus I think Roboscan FW is only an outbound Fw as for example the WSA fw buildin, WSA needs windows fw active becaus is no more than a outbound notification.
    Roboscan FW must be the same thing, an outbound notifier, no more than this
    When I perform CLT with windows FW I always reach at least 70 points, 110 if I remeber well the combo Avira+ seven FW
    10 points is so poor

18. blasev

blasev Registered Member

Indeed, that's a strange result, since my windows 7 without any anti virus score better

19. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

You get 10 and I get 200+.

Default settings: 200/340
    Enabling "Block outbound connections": 240/340
    Enabling "Decline ICMP (Ping) to Respond": 210/340

Test results vary just slightly as I tested each more than once. For third result it displayed a popup.
    Note: Test is not performed under a VM.

20. windowsdefender

windowsdefender Registered Member

It is roboscan in the US. I use it.

21. Vilmalith

Vilmalith Registered Member

What "version" of bitdefender does it use? Would it be comparable to what is in the VB RAP tests?

22. IvoShoen

Actually, it is listed in the RAP test as ESTsoft which is real near the Bitdefender result. Quite good. :)

23. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

24. blasev

blasev Registered Member

After trying for a while, I must say that roboscan is my fav free av :thumb: , the only minor downside is that sandboxie haven't add this on their compatibility list.

25. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

That means there are issues with these 2?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.