a new version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.2.9 (Home edition) has been released.
- Added: The number of scanned objects is now displayed in the main program window
- Added: support for SSL False Start in Google Chrome
- Added: support for SSL scanning in recent versions of Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird
- Fix: Product activation now utilizes proxy server
- Fix: GUI opened in a large window
- Fix: HIPS message about invalid data in the file containing user rules
- Fix: Lockup issues on Windows XP after connecting USB disks (may still occur if caused by a 3rd party driver/software)
- Fix: Issues with misleading notification bubbles about the program requiring user's attention
- Fix: Issues with detection of emails in Windows Live Mail 2011
- Fix: improved compatibility with HP Protect Tools
- Fix: Removable media blocking feature does not block devices for particular Windows accounts
- Fix: Files scanned by real-time protection on execution with real-time protection disabled
- Fix: minor GUI issues
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.2 can be installed over older versions.
*Note: information on the web site may not be accurate yet