Firefox - Change These For Better Privacy - Security

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by DasFox, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

3. guest

guest Guest

umm I'm guessing you are being sarcastic since this asks you enable javascript and enable cookies.

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

sarcastic yes because I have everything spoofed... :p

5. shuverisan

shuverisan Registered Member

I wanted to give a quick update here cause responses are coming in. The person who responded from JonDos was very helpful and friendly, even glad their tool was being studied.

-The recommendation to use Firefox 6 in the JonDonym test was a bug. It's now fixed to recommend v10 and is supposed to follow FF's release cycle. Same goes for JonDoFox.

-The header signature hash value is insignificant and only is used as a token to show whether you're using JDF or not.

According to the EFF,
    -Panopticlick's live numbers are still being updated. So ignore previous speculation of mine that it was not. However, new visitors are not being aggregated according to the same algorithms and traffic flow that Panopticlick saw when it was first launched. So when it says, "2+ million users", that is accurate but you end up with the likelihood that your reported uniqueness among those users is "unrepresentatively high when you're being compared to a lot of older browsers and fewer newer ones."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.