SysWatch Personal for MSE for free.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kjdemuth, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

"SysWatch Personal
    for Microsoft® Security Essentials:

SafenSoft SysWatch Personal protects your computer proactively by controlling how applications behave. It keeps your whole system in a «known-good» state, preventing hacker attacks and malicious software from activating. SafenSoft SysWatch Personal works great combined with Microsoft® Security Essentials software."
    http://www.safensoft.com/home/free/personal/

I haven't tried it yet with MSE. I does provide you a key for Syswatch. Unsure if you have to have MSE installed or not. Might not be a bad combo. I do remember the last time I tried to install, it took forever. Still not too bad for free.

2. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

Sounds good. I have used Mamutu and Malwarebytes pro with MSE... both were great. 63.3 mb download ??

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  3. tipo

tipo Registered Member

i tried it earlier but after installation it froze my PC. i`m running xp he sp3

4. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:
    Same here. I twice on win 7 32bit and it freezes and is very buggy. Had to revert to good snapshot via CTM. I think its not worse it.

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Same here on xp3:) :) frozeeeee

6. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Wasnt any better on w7 64bit.Freezes and had to perform hard reboots.Seems to have serious issues.Glad to get rid of it

7. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

There you go...:D

8. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Alrighty then. Disregard that post then.

9. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Priceless! :D

10. J_L

J_L Registered Member

How is this not a one year trial? Free means freeware, which this isn't, imo.

11. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

BAck in the old days it was a great application :D

Some tips to get it working

1. Setup a system profile before reboot (see Pic 1) and don't select AUTOMATIC HANDLING OF INCIDENTS

2. After succesfull reboot add interprocess protection (see pic 3)

What does it do
    1. Guards processes like Anti Executable. Option to run an untrusted program restricted (can't do no harm, but policy sandbox is to restricted for most programs to succesfully try out an unknown program). With the system monitor you make a snapshot of all executable code (like Spyware Terminator HIPS)

2. Guards policies, file and registry access, installations

3. Is a firewall

4. Has some interprocess intrusion protection capabilities

The lisence is for the personal version (only system watcher no F-prot AV engine), with one year of updates. Programs keeps working after the first year.

After first system profile, disk I/O is okay, drain on my CPU is 4-5% for sinbgle cores, 1,5% for low level dual core, less 0,5 for quad cores. It adds about three secs to boot time

For people who have tried OA free or Private Firewall free and found it to much strain on resources, it might be an option. Outpost + Comodo etc users do not bother, keep your setup. PC Tools firewall users, stay away also (when someone uses a HIPS with so little granularity, use a Firewall with no HIPS, like ZA Free).

It installed on Win7 x32 with no problem (first create a system profile, it will take some time, patience :cautious: )

See what it logs and monitors (see pic 2)

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      109.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      60.8 KB
      Views:
    • Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      File size:
      44 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  12. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

So this is an interesting idea...they specifically recommend using it with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  13. Kees1958

Did not work for you after creating a system profile BEFORE reboot?

14. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

Sorry, I was just commenting on some of what others said. I removed my remark about whether it works or not as I didn't try it.

15. Kees1958

No just curious

It claims to be user friendly, but when someone plays with it, these auto settings can be very risky. In the past making a system profile prevented one from lock out/up. Could well be that win7 or x64 adoption had made it worse (lock up even after making the system profile). The first Vista versions were buggy and caused some complaints among loyal users (I have never used it, just played with when I was into HIPS a few years ago).

16. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.