Hitman Pro Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yashau, Mar 20, 2009.

1. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

Hello erik,

Thanks. Did that!

Have a nice!

2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Francis93, really can't say I can answer your problem ( coz I don't know enough), but it occured to me that it might be worth trying having firewall switched on for sure and trying to see if instructions here might help : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Allow-a-program-to-communicate-through-Windows-Firewall

or maybe look here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ate-from/7285c1e4-310c-4806-bd03-1a5d896177ac

You never know, it just might work for you.

3. Dermot7

Well I'm confused now (nothing new:D ) since HMP showed a detection...Sality!IK on the Ikarus engine in tmp.edb folder. Initially I thought it was probably a FP, and decided anyway to carry on and delete it regardless.
    But when I tried to delete it proved quite stubborn, and needed three scans and a reboot to delete. So far so good...then coming up clean on couple more scans, then MBAM, Vipre, WSA scans also...all clean.
    Then decided to look and see what is this tmp.edb folder and saw it's something to do with MS Exchange storing email addresses...this really is the weird bit since I have no POP3 client or Windows Mail active, and use my ISP for emails.
    I know it's not possible now to say if it was FP or not, but should I really be seeing this folder at all in the scenario I've describedo_O
    Thanks for any "illumination" :)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...edb-file/8fe699fc-aae1-4b26-9bc0-55cb24608fbe

Attached Files:

4. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Check the last post in this social.technet.microsoft forum thread. link
    tmp.edb isn't necessarily an Exchange file/folder, it also resides in Server 2003.
    Just so you know the scenario has changed a bit.

5. Dermot7

Thanks, I'm running Windows 7 HP x86 here. Sorry, still confused.

6. Dermot7

I fear I've just picked up something about 1 1/2 hours ago...was trying to log into my ISPs address to look at emails, and despite fact that I was entering correct user name and password it was telling me " not able to log-in at this time"...I'm suspecting the ISP has been hacked and has just started infecting people...no?

7. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

U can use a different dns server like norton and see if that works

8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Not sure if this has been requested yet or not- but would it be possible to put an icon in the context menu? I have a high number of items in my context menu and only a few have icons which means I have to search for the "Scan with Hitman Pro" string. A HMP icon next to the tring would make it so much easier to find.

thanks

9. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    After scans it has many Upload failed. What does it mean? Are my connections very slow? I am using VPN.

10. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Hitman Pro x64 3.5, build 131 runs, I select to delete a bunch of old NIS 2012 files that show up (I have already run Symantec's latest removal program 3 times and rebooted after each) then run Hitman Pro, ask it to delete files, then reboot.

Right after Windows 7 64 starts, I get a black screen with 2 lines of unreadable characters, then Windows starts. I run Hitman Pro again, and all of the files that I asked to delete or quarantine are still there.

Is Hitman Pro trash? I am running Kaspersky which I have shut off before running Hitman, but it goes back on when I reboot.

Maybe they aren't compatible. Does anyone have any suggestions?

11. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

^I'd suspect an incompatibility issue between KAV/KIS and the remaining NIS files before an issue between HMP3 and KAV/KIS.
    You haven't had any issues/black screens before installing HMP3?
    And no, it isn't trash. It seriously picks up current day malware.
    I've used it with a plethora of different security software setups but beside some (to be expected) beta issues, it never has caused any trouble for me. (As far as anecdotal evidence goes...).
    I wouldn't use HMP3 as an uninstaller for NIS leftovers though, even if an (AWS) scan comes up with such cruft.

12. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

Hitman Pro (Dr Web) keeps detecting RogueKiller.exe as a trojan downloader. I reported that this file is safe 3 or 4 times but nothing changed. At VirusTotal only Dr Web and a new one-ByteHero detect it

13. erikloman

erikloman Developer

I had a look at it and also McAfee and Sophos find it an interesting piece of software.

I solved the FP but when RogueKiller releases a newer version it will be flagged again by DrWeb. RogueKiller should add an Authenticode Certificate to its file. The EXE has a lot of anti-rootkit stuff and in order to prevent future flagging and authenticode certificate will help a lot.

14. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Troubles :

If I check 'Scan .... during startup', OK and Close HMPro and I open again, I noticed that this box is unchecked ! What's up ?? I've a license paid version. 'Scan .... during startup' remain unchecked.

How can I fix this issue ?

15. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Are you running it 'installed' or 'portable'? Thing is first tiem you run HMP on any computer it will ask if you want to install it so you can run future scans or if you just want to run s single-time scan. If this second option is chosen, any config will not be saved.

16. Ashanta

The first time, according to your description,atomomega, it was a "single scan" portable installation. Then, i remove hitmanpro35.exe from c:/Program Files/, then, I installed again and I got 2 choices and I choose the one, for future scans.

I'd like to know if I check 'scan...during startup' if a new entry in the Registry is created or not. I think I have some part of the Registry locked.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  17. erikloman

erikloman Developer

XP: Hitman Pro creates a registry entry under Run
    Vista/Win7: Hitman Pro creates a Scheduled Task

As of version 3.6, Hitman Pro has its own scheduler which has more options.

Tip: Keep an eye on this thread in coming 24 hours ;)

18. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

hitman pro the best ondemand virus scaner;) :thumb:

19. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

Nice.

20. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

21. erikloman

erikloman Developer

HitmanPro 3.6 Teaser

Hello all,

This thread has been quiet for some time. This was mainly due to we have been working on HitmanPro 3.6. A lot has changed internally (compared to 3.5) and a few major features have been added:
    • Added Scanning for Malware Remnants.
      This feature crawls the File System and Registry for common malware related paths (files, folders, keys).
    • Added Scheduler (hmpsched.exe) to allow scanning Daily, At Startup, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun at specific times.
    • Added detection for infected Volume Boot Record.
    • Added detection for files signed with weak Authenticode signatures (RSA 512-bit keys).
      See also: http://blog.fox-it.com/2011/11/21/rsa-512-certificates-abused-in-the-wild/
    • Added third opinion scan using VirusTotal.
      To use this feature you enter your personal VirusTotal Public API Key on the Advanced tab under Settings.
    • Added chevrons to highlight items in the result list that are running [PID] or start by [Run], [Service] or [Driver].
    • Reworked several areas of the user interface, including a polished new Logo.
    • Tons of other stuff ... A more complete list will be posted tomorrow.

HitmanPro36-Beta1-Resized.png

A Private Beta will be available within 24 hours. Keep an eye on this thread for information on how to join the Private Beta program.

Thank you all for your patience.

22. Ashanta

Thanks !

Under Vista Business 32 bits, it doesn't create a Scheduler Task. Why ?

I checked the 'Task Scheduler' service is on automatic. Why it doesn't work with a Hitman Pro schedule ?

I hope this new version 3.56, will fix this issue.

23. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Re: HitmanPro 3.6 Teaser

Can't wait! ;)

24. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

25. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.