SecureAnywhere Beta has finished with Editors' Choice!

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by PrevxHelp, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

2. PrevxHelp

We also recommend that if you don't want to remain on the beta update channel, you should uninstall your existing copy and install a new trial from here: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/products.html

Thanks again! :thumb:

3. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

I have a Prevx 3 license, what happen to it if I want to buy a license of Webroot Secureanywhere?

4. PrevxHelp

We have a fair amount of work on our end to be able to transition license keys over from Prevx 3.0 to SecureAnywhere. We should be offering support for this in the next couple months but at the moment, the products are still purchased/used separately. One thing to keep in mind is that the products do not co-exist so for the time being, you're probably going to need to choose one or the other.

5. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

But at least if I choose WSA do I have a reduction in the price?

6. PrevxHelp

At the moment, the systems are completely separate so your Prevx 3.0 license won't be applied to WSA at all. I believe the plan once finished is to automatically upgrade users from 3.0 to WSA free of charge, although it will be an equivalent product set (i.e. you won't receive the Firewall/backup/password management components if you just had Prevx 3.0).

7. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

8. PrevxHelp

It has both password management and SafeOnline's Identity Shield.

9. m00nbl00d

Ah.. OK! Anyway, I was about to download the trial and take a look at it... :D

P.S: I'll wait eagerly for the integrity level options in future releases... :blink:

10. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

So, If I have a Webroot product can I upgrade to this new Secure Anywhere Version?

Edit- Like, Webroot Security Essential 2011 product keys can be used in SecureAnywhere Essentials 2012.

Best Regards,
    Ziaul

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  11. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

Safe Online Identity doesn't work with sandboxie is there any other incompatibilities beside the Safe Online issue and which version does not have the Online Identity component apart from the AV version?

Best Regards,
    Ziaul

12. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

Are you certain the Essentials version has the password management (Lastpass?). The comparison table seems to show only the Complete version has it.

13. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

Even I am confused. o_O

Best Regards,
    Ziaul

14. m00nbl00d

I took a better look at the comparison page (which I previously missed it), and Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials seems only to have these features for Identity Protection:

The SafeOnline-like features seems to be only part of Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete, which I believe to be this feature named Provides advanced protection for online shopping and banking?

Anyway, later on I'll download the trial version and take a better look, but the comparison page seems to indicate something different. :doubt:

15. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The Essentials version doesn't contain the password management feature. It does, however, appear to have Identity Shield protection, which is what m00nbl00d was asking about. [According to the Help file, Identity Shield is in both the Essentials and Complete versions.]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  16. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Not sure where you're looking, but I see this under Identity and Privacy Protection on the Features tab:

17. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

1. Ok, so it might be an idea to stay on the beta for a while if you a couple months aways from anything sure about when old Prevx 3.0 customers can use the old code Prevx 3.0 for the new Webroot version? I assume the WSAE trial is 30 days?

2. A Prevx 3.0 with SO code will get me WSAE or..........?

18. m00nbl00d

My doubt had to do with the fact that in SecureAnywhere Complete page, you'll see it makes mention to Complete Identity Protection.

The following belongs to SecureAnywhere Complete:

Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials seems not to have it (what I bolded).

Its page makes mention to Identity and Privacy Protection.

I took a look at the comparison page, which I previously missed, and it does seem to have only a basic Identity Protection protection, but it doesn't include advanced identity protection for online shopping and banking.

The above is mentioned in the comparison page.

I'd be far more interested in this advanced identity protection for online shopping and banking, but it isn't part of the Essentials version... I hope there will be a Identity Protection standalone version, though... :D

19. pegr

pegr Registered Member

What this amounts to is a doubling of the price for some users. Whereas it used to be possible to buy Prevx + SafeOnline for a single PC at a reasonable price, now it's going to cost double that to get the same level of protection, which is only found in Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete.

Admittedly the new product has additional features and covers up to 3 PCs but for anybody who only has a single PC and doesn't want the additional features this doesn't represent good value. :thumbd:

EDIT: The Essentials product has identity protection similar to that of SafeOnline. The information given on the Webroot website is incorrect.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  20. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

I would like to see as an introductory/thank you gesture from Webroot to all Prevx 3.0 license holders that participated in and contributed to the beta testing of WRSA, that their Prevx license could be upgraded to application of their choice at no additional charge right now.

Also, what about a special introductory discount (e.g. 1/3) for all Wilders members, perhaps?

21. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Or discount for all avid beta testers?

22. PrevxHelp

Yes, Identity Shield is in both. Password management is only included in the Complete version. There is no direct correlation from SafeOnline to WSA but we'll likely be adding one to support the banking protection version of Prevx 3.0's SafeOnline.

The upgrade messaging/process from Prevx 3.0 has not been decided yet but as soon as I hear something definitive, I'll let everyone here know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.