Does anything in this log look strange?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by MrGump, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

If you go into 'Advanced options’ and click ‘Help’ button, and look under where it says “Finally, the miscellaneous group proposes the following settings:” for anything regarding SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) or SPF (Stateful Packet Filtering), you’ll see only one feature setting mentioned “'TCP Stateful Packet Inspection'”, this is what I’m use to since the beginning of ‘TCP SPI’ implementation, and after some Soft4Ever updates to make it behave, I’ve been using this feature every since.

And I pay extra attention to updates information, neither that area of the help file or History section contains any mentioning about combining a toggle for the new SPF rule creation support with the original TCP SPI toggle. A change like that should have been mentioned under a ‘Modifications’ section for new version information in the help file under History.

And it isn’t normal behavior to have a rule feature toggled from Look ‘n’ Stop - ‘Options’ Tab / screen, and in ‘Advanced options’.

So for me..., to see such a unusual thing like that, If that rule feature was meant to be toggled elsewhere, the SPF response rules should also been automatically disabled when the setting is unchecked.

2. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Done. I referenced this thread, pointed them to page2, only to now see page3 tells more :(

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.