Webroot SecureAnywhere PUBLIC Beta

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by PrevxHelp, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave53

Dave53 Registered Member

Does the current beta provide sufficient protection for banking transactions in both 32 & 64-bit operating systems? I want to try it with both, but I need to know what the limitations (if any) are in this respect.

Thanks!

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

So far everything is working perfectly on my end and consistent including pad lock.I took a little ride on some malicious sites and web shield did its job and It blocked it dead.So far I cant produce problems other user are experiencing.I am using IE9 with no add ons or tool bars so maybe that helps.

3. hckyo

hckyo Registered Member

I don't know why the closed beta and now this new Build freezes my pc every 30 minutes ... restart is the only solution.
    I've Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bits

4. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

My desktop win 7 x64 freezed after latest update for WRSA Cloud AV part got updated. Then i got bluescreen and it seems windows registry was destroyed :D
    I had OP firewall pro 7.5.1, superantispyware pro, WRSA cloud AV and WinPatrol Cloud Edition running in realtime.

5. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Have been using online banking since '95, Quicken 2011. Have not had any problems that are visible and have received no warnings of any kind to advise me there are black hats trying to do something criminal to my account. Using windows 7 64 bit. FYI.

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The protection is equally strong on both 32 and 64bit OSs :)

7. PrevxHelp

If you could send the crash dump to report@prevxresearch.com, I'll take a look at what happened. I'm not sure what in those programs would be incompatible as they aren't particularly intrusive in the system from what I've seen.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

8. PrevxHelp

Have you noticed if a scan is running in the background when it freezes? It might be worth sending a scan log to report@prevxresearch.com so that we can take a look at the timings (and, if you could say approximately when the problems occurred, that should help narrow it down).

Thanks for the help!

9. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I am noticing the padlock in the tray icon problem, in that it comes and goes sporadically. I am running Opera 10.10.

10. overangry

overangry Registered Member

I can confirm this, using Chrome as well.

11. PrevxHelp

Could you try updating to Opera 11.50? That's the earliest version that we fully support.

Thanks!

12. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have tried it, but I still prefer Opera 10.10. Presently, I am in another snapshot in which I am not running WSA.

I will give Opera 11.50 another go on that snapshot to see if it works better with WSA. ;)

P.S. On second thought, I am in a snapshot that has both Opera 10.10 and 11.50, installed. So I will install WSA 7.9.0.4 in this snapshot, and see how it goes.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  13. Dave53

Dave53 Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response! :)

14. Dave53

Dave53 Registered Member

Thanks Pat! :)

15. Dave53

Dave53 Registered Member

I know that SafeOnline would not run in Sandboxie. Is this also the case with the Identity & Privacy component of this release?

16. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Well, I am back after installing WSA v7.9.04. and running Opera 11.50.

I can see no padlock in the tray icon. o_O

17. PrevxHelp

Yes, it is a rather conceptual incompatibility - SafeOnline/Identity Shield have to communicate out from the browser and Sandboxie prevents it from doing so. You can change the protection level of Sandboxie to allow specific exit points from the browser but this lowers the security of it.

18. PrevxHelp

Have you tried visiting a website like https://www.paypal.com? The padlock will show only when on a secured website.

19. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Also, I took these screenshots during the install. I clicked on enable but it didn't do anything. Screenshots #7, during the install and #12 from reboot.

Attached Files:

20. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Now, I just tried to take a screenshot of the page you recommended for testing and I get a black screen as per this. I guess that is supposed to happen, or not.

Attached Files:

21. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Just got these popups about the Windows Firewall, in XP. Since I use a 3rd party firewall, I answered, no.

Attached Files:

22. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Really? I am seeing the padlock on whatever web page I visit in IE9 and Opera 11.50 regardless on HTTP or HTTPS.

23. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Disabled all other security software: PrivateFirewall, nod32, Mamutu.
    Disabled all extensions in Firefox, and used default theme. It made not a jot of difference, still no lock on tray icon HTTPS or anywhere. No addons installed in IE9, only Java, no padlock. If there's anything else I can try please advise.
    Can't help thinking that at least with SafeOnline's browser tab all was obvious, and had the added benefit (imo) of displaying current IP address, which could be checked if desired.

24. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Did you try a clean installation? I have had a few issues initially as well until clean installation. They all disappeared then.

25. pegas

pegas Registered Member

You shouldn't have any problems answering yes, i.e. to let WSA monitor WF. WSA's firewall is compatible with other firewalls. I am having no issue with NIS2011 at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.