July 31st, 2011, 01:54 AM
Very Frequent Poster
Join Date: Nov 2008
Re: What is your security setup these days?
DUALBOOT No Realtime AV and FREE Security Setup
- Windows 7 Profesional SP1 32-bit (Used mainly for Gaming and family use)
- System Partition (Returnil Virtualized), Data Partition (storage), Apps Partition (Sandbox Directory)
- Microsoft Baseline Security Templates, Software Restriction Policy (SRP), UAC set to highest, EMET and 1806 trick (3)
- deny Everyone from executing on data partition and download directory, userpace including desktop
- disabled unnecesary services (ie. print spooler, windows search, windows defender)
- Windows Backup and Restore (system image backup)
- OpenDNS / OpenDNS FamilyShield
- Trusteer Rapport
- Returnil System Safe FREE (3.2.12918.5857-REL14)
- Enabled Password Protection
- Trust Programs from real disk only
- Virus Guard: Disabled.
- Virtual Mode: Always ON.
- Mozilla Firefox (5.0.1)
- Sandboxie FREE (3.57.02)
- Relocated sandbox directory into Apps Partition.
- This will allow me to install apps even when Returnil Virtual Mode and Anti-executable is ON.
- Programs installed in the sandbox can run properly because its will be running on a virtualized environment created by sandboxie
and is on unvirtualized/real disk/partition thus not affected by Returnil's anti-executable.
- Excluded/Unrestricted Sandbox Directory from SRP.
- Hitman PRO (on-demand scanning)
- OpenSUSE 11.4 KDE (32-bit) (used mainly for pr0ns / P2P downloading lol)
- Firefox with Noscript and Adblock Plus
Comments and Suggestions are welcome.
Win7PRO64bit | SUA | SRP | UAC | EMET | SpywareBlaster | MVPSHOST | OpenDNS | SandboxIE | Privoxy | Windows Image Backup .
built-in security + sandboxing fag.
Last edited by Konata Izumi : August 4th, 2011 at 12:50 AM.