Where is the log of blocked Web Access?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jmorlan, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmorlan

jmorlan Registered Member

Using NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.71.2. Yesterday it blocked a benign web site with a red pop-up notification. However, I cannot find this event recorded in any of the three log files. It does not show under "events" nor does it show under "detected threats."

Also how does one report a false positive "Web Access Protection?" Or is that not possible?

Lastly, why does a minimized window remain on the task bar after the first update of the day on boot, but not otherwise?

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. ESET does not log the blocked webpage in the detected threats log because the malicious content never made it to your computer. The blocked websites is a running list that is kept up by our virus lab. If you reached a page that you believe should not be blocked, please submit a support case with ESET to request its removal or review.

Thanks,

Matt

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

4. jmorlan

Thanks, but I found it impossible to submit a support case without a log of the blocked site. The URL was about five lines long and try as I might I could not extract the full gibberish text of the URL from the little pop-up screen. NOD did not allow me to mark or cut any of the text. After the window closed I had no record of the URL. I could report the base URL, but you don't block that one.

5. siljaline

Dangerous content is blocked on a running list at the ESET virus lab. The only suggestion I could make is to make an attempt at copying a screenshot of the blocked content and posting it back as an attachment. Please see my note further up this thread.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  6. jmorlan

Thanks. After clumsily trying to extract the text from the Window, I thought about making a screen shot, but by that time the warning window was gone. Once the window goes away, is there a way to get it back?

7. siljaline

You're most welcome. The only way I could suggest of getting the blocked site and or content back would be to visit the site again.
    It is a clumsy operation at best. PM me the site that you are having issues with and I will give it a look, if you wish.

Thanks.

8. jmorlan

Thanks. Unfortunately I do not have a record of the site. It was accessed via my download manager, not my browser and I cannot find any logs for it. Worse, the site won't connect again from the same IP twice in a row, so there's no easy way to figure it out.

What I did was white-list the main site (which NOD does not block) with full wildcards and it works fine now.

Thanks again.

9. siljaline

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear of your ongoing issues.
    If wildcards work to access the site, that works for me. Please keep us posted if anything changes.

10. axial

axial Registered Member

11. jmorlan

Yes, basically the same issue. No logs of any kind make it tough to report false positives.

12. siljaline

I believe I have answered your query here, jmorlan Since you have asked similar queries on wildcarding in several threads, to address the issue of web access protection, this would be the best answer I can offer based on your queries. Additional information may be obtained in this thread and others that you have posted to or started.

If you require further assistance, please specify which specific thread | posts you would like more information or clarification.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.