Comodo DACS (Distributed and Collaborative Scanning)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by guest, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mattchu

Mattchu Registered Member

When i tested the standalone pre-release version it did actually state which AV found the file malicious, Comodo didn`t claim it as their own.

Infact it wen`t something like

Avira.....Win32.x.b
    Fsecure...No virus found
    Nod.....Win32.Blah.Blah
    KAV....No virus found
    Asquared...Trojan xyz
    etc,
    etc.

It basically just passes on the output on the file scanned with the result from each scanner utilized!
    It`s not like it said Comodo Anti-Virus has detected a malicious file on your computer (when it was actually company X), what would you like to do?
    Infact if you look in Killswitch (after ticking Hide Safe Processes) under Properties/Verdict it was something like that.

DACS should also be available as a plug in so other companies can also benefit and help keep unwanted files off peoples computers. Is this not the main aim after all!
    Off course it`s not a magic bullet, there will allways be a period when no AV company detects a malicious file, Norton, McAffee, Kaspersky et all will not go out of business as the corporate side will still be needed. Remember this is just AV output which is only one layer of a decent security solution.

p.s. I love Killswitch :thumb:

2. guest

guest Guest

KillSwitch is working again

Untitled.png

cpf.exe = unknown is a bug xD

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
  3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Either the reactionary and soon to be out of business traditionalists of Kapersky, Norton et cetera are setting up a conspiracy to ignore the glorious and beloved leader of the free security world Melih Abdulhayoglu

or

Some malicious stuxforge code has been planted in the source code of killswitch by an evil processhacker who rufuses to acknowledge that Melih Abdulhayoglu is the one and only glorious and beloved leader of the free security world

:D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  4. wj32

wj32 Developer

Are you calling me evil? And I thought we were friends... :'(

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Well,

I have read the blogs and seen the video posts in the Manifesto of the beloved leader of the Red Dragon empire. I even got Christmas wishes of Melih, Eggmen and Robin (see pic). So I am sort of brainwashed and temporally unresponsive to SourceForge ethics and lack a total sense of Intellectual Property rights

Regards Kees

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  6. wj32

wj32 Developer

I rofled pretty hard :D. Thanks!

(They told me they would be releasing source code sometime this week and I do believe them.)

7. Jose_Lisbon

Jose_Lisbon Registered Member

It doesn't make sense (in any way).
    It won't work.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
  8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

no way Jose*:D

9. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

Won't work? O ye of little faith.:rolleyes:

It's working for me. I.E confirming again that CIS is a "top notch" source of FP detections.:D

Attached Files:

10. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

Vladimyr,Could you please send me the link to the file?

11. guest

guest Guest

I wonder why is so important post an FP for Comodo AV to say how bad it is instead enjoy the tool :D have you report it at least?
    Almost everyday I upload files to virus total and I get FP's for many products.
    The next time at least let us see which file it is, don't hide it.

Prevx and emsisoft the "top notch" source of FP detections. xD /Ironic mode OFF

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
  12. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I don t know why but when i m seeing a Comodo security related thread i have the impression i m looking at a werbung/reklama channel.Those channels where you see knifes that cut tru metal or cleaning solution that clean a carpet to the bone in one second :)
    Maybe this DACS is the joke of the year 2011 ,or maybe not ,who knows.
    Funny name anyway.

13. guest

guest Guest

You don't need to buy anything here, you can use it and if you dont like it, don't use it. There is no secret, is a tool that scans everything in memory against multiple AV scanner automatically and for free, and another tool that will do the same with your whole computer.
    What I see is posts making vague statements criticizing the tool without any fundament.

14. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

Why so touchy? You ask "why is it so important"? It's not important. It was a light-hearted & ironic response to 'Jose_Lisbon'.

On the 2 machines on which I have run the CCE beta, this is the only "unknown" file detected as malware by any of the services listed, in this case CAMAS and CIS

As for hiding the file, sorry I missed it's name in the first shot. It's been reported to CIS by the PCs user more than once this year (though not by me personally) and still detected by CIS as a threat.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  15. guest

guest Guest

Sorry, no problem I just wanted to see the file.
    I have reported it to the whitelist, so in less than a week will be included as a trusted vendor, no FP, no popups, I hope :D
    http://forums.comodo.com/news-annou...listed-2011-t66773.0.html;msg472623#msg472623

16. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I m not so sure it s free.I think the users of this DACS will "donate" their procesing power for this.At least this is what i think.

17. guest

guest Guest

No, Comodo has a group of "collaborators", so when the tool will be available to the public (now is closed beta) you will be able to download it, and use it without scan/download anything from others in your computer, in fact you will not have the tools to help as a collaborator. I know that the first post can be a little confuse about this but at the beginning we didn't have a lot information.

Here you can see how the tool looks although DACS wasn't working :D at this time: http://www.youtube.com/user/languy99#p/u/0/EsqMbGnBvK8 Also he explains quite well all the info about DACS

18. smage

smage Registered Member

Here is a review of DACS for those interested.

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsqMbGnBvK8-

Looking forward to it when it is out of BETA.

19. shadek

shadek Registered Member

This product acts like a parasite. It's a good thing Comodo doesn't take credit for all of it. That being said, it'll be a great product when it comes to detecting malware. It's like an automated version of VT. Not sure how efficient it'll be preventing malware from entering. Detection is one thing... prevention an other.

20. guest

guest Guest

This tool is for detection and cleaning not for prevention, so don't expect anything about it

21. loverboy

loverboy Registered Member

You all are very strange in your comments. o_O
    You talk as if you are Kaspersky or Norton or ESET CEO's, afraid that someone shares the results of the scanning of your AV's
    I am only a PC user and everything that comes to my aid in telling me if something is more or less safe is welcome :thumb:

22. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

And what is the advantage from using processhacker and virustotal uploader? (with virustotal one has more information about the file than just the virus names)

For sure it does not scan multiple files/folders as you advertised it...
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1802547&postcount=51
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1802552&postcount=56

Panagiotis

23. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

lol ye i really see no advantage of DACS over virustotal, in fact id say virus total is more efficient since u dont have to have ur computer become part of a P2P network of others sucking ur bandwidth in order to scan their files that u have no interest in lol

24. guest

guest Guest

All in bold is not true, in fact the entire post. You should spend a few minutes reading before criticize something without knowing what are you talking about
    A couple post above: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1804786&postcount=142

25. guest

guest Guest

Advantage?, is automatic (you don't need to upload 40-60 files manually), and recognize most of the safe files, but nobody is forcing you to use it, if you dont like it don't use it.
    Of course if you are an experienced user you can say I can do the same without KillSwitch, me too but KillSwitch is faster.
    This is CCE not KillSwitch
    And soon DACS will be integrated in CIS, so every process in memory will be scanned by DACS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.