BitDefender Antivirus free again this Monday

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by chriswiles, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

Details, please! I have two licenses, one from AVG and one via your store. I haven't heard a thing from AVG or V3. Thank you.

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I love that people are complaining over a $2 discounted IDP license when it was their choice to purchase it in the first place. Seriously $2? Im broke, but not that broke. :rolleyes:

3. osip

osip Registered Member

Anyone tried to apply the code directly in 2011 ?

Btw, avg and avg...This topic is about BD promo.

4. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

First up thanks for the offer, I still have my last key saved up and I plan on saving up this key to for when I need it. So when ever I want to use BD for two years I am covered :D

I am going to place my guess on it being a Webroot or Trend Micro giving, though to be honest I am going to put a bigger guess of it being Trend Micro. Yet I hope its something I may want to try.

5. country2

country2 Registered Member

I have not tried it yet but since he said "It's actually the 2010 build (don't ask, BitDefender's requirements, not ours), but your code will work with the 2011 edition and you can auto-upgrade to the 2011 edition" I'm guessing you cannot apply it directly to it but can do a auto upgrade.

6. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Use the build provided here and as part of this promotion. Using any other build, with the promotional serial code, may not guarantee future updates (such as the 2011 edition, which you will receive free of charge as part of your subscription).

Source

7. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

In previous promotion few months ago, it was the same statement, but despite that you could put code to 2011 edition. I guess that now its the same

8. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

Actually, it was $2.75. As for choice, this was marketed as a promotion and it was not stated the license and support expiration would be tied to the release of AVG 2011 within the next month or two. I love it that some one considers this "choice." :rolleyes:

But some actually paid the full price. And regardless of price it was one party, AVG, that reneged on their end of the deal with a "Too bad, ain't it?" to the other party, the payee.

The complaint isn't about the money - it's about the contract. DUH. At the very least, the $2.75 was a scam; at worst, if it's OK for the $20 license, it's OK for the $50 license, too.

Of course here at Wilders the norm is for the Where's-my-free-stuff? crowd to howl and lament about some delusory shun by the developer where the sniveling user's sole commitment is to click a download link and whack install wizard continue and finish buttons. Just look at this thread: chriswiles posts up details for a free offer and look out, here comes the What-else-is-in-it-for-me? crew.

All references to the Identity Protection stand alone product have vanished from AVG's Web site and at this point in time the inclusion of IDP in 2011 Free is absent from their product comparisons. Complain? Damn straight I'm gonna complain.

Off-thread and enough said. (Hey. That rhymes!) Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2010
  9. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Got my bitdefender AV license. Nice! Thanks to all who mentioned this giveaway. I think I'll put it on my wifes laptop with some free firewall.

10. Morro

Morro Registered Member

I have and it shows as a valid registration, with 365 days left. Whether the auto update for the database works is something i have to keep an eye on. :)

11. osip

osip Registered Member

Thanks for that. Good to know. For the moment I will keep the code in the closet.

12. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Can someone here post a download link for the offline installer of 2011? The one's from Bitdefender are quite slow...

Thank you:)

13. osip

osip Registered Member

xttp://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/antivirus/final/en/bitdefender_antivirus_2011_32b.exe

xttp://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/antivirus/final/en/x64/bitdefender_antivirus_2011_64b.exe

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2010
  14. Durad

Durad Registered Member

So at the end does it work with 2011 or not?

15. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

This is just a reminder that Members should not post about any special deals, discounts, or software sales promotions that are intended to be offered only to a limited audience.
    As you have to register to be a member and this software is for members only this thread is now closed
    Only links to software that are freely available to everyone in future can be posted i trust the above is clear

Thank you

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.