[Release] Returnil System Safe 2011 v3.2.10100.5394-REL1

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Coldmoon, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello all,
    We are proud to announce the official release for Returnil System Safe Pro & Free 2011. We want to thank everyone who sent in feedback, suggestions, and issue reports during the beta testing phase and look forward to more as we move forward.

Product page: http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/returnil-system-safe

Downloads:

* Returnil System Safe Pro 2011:
    http://majorgeeks.com/Returnil_System_Safe_Pro_d5451.html

* Returnil System Safe Free 2011:
    http://majorgeeks.com/Returnil_System_Safe_Free_d5702.html

Change Log: http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/products/rss/release-notes

With Kind Regards
    Returnil Support

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Hi I am having a licence if RVS 2010 got from Wilders giveaway. Will the key be accepted in this version? If so how? Should I install it over the existing version? Or just uninstall the existing version and then install v2011 and then insert key?

3. Coldmoon

Hi sg09,
    You can install RSS 2011 over RVS 2010. This should also preserve your licensing, but your 2010 License Number will work with RSS 2011 as long as you have a current subscription (time is left).

Mike

4. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Thank you Mike...:D I have almost 7 months of subscription left...:argh:

5. korben

korben Registered Member

Nice, I bet the progress has been made and its palpable.

Congratz

//Mike, still waiting for your kind answers//

6. Coldmoon

One important clarification I need to post here: The RVS 2010 license will still hold as long as you upgrade to Returnil System Safe 2011 over the existing copy of RVS 2010. IOW, you cannot simply install RSS 2011 and then use a RVS 2010 License Number to register it as they are not compatible UNLESS you install RSS 2011 over RVS 2010.

Additionally, you will notice that your copy of RSS 2011 will retain the version name you had with RVS 2010. Ex:

1. Have RVS Home Lux 2010 installed
    2. Install Returnil System Safe Pro 2011 over the existing RVS 2010 install
    3. You will now have Returnil System Safe 2011, but the GUI will show the name "Home Lux"

This ensures upgrading compatibility. If you purchase a "fresh" Returnil System Safe Pro 2011 license, the GUI will show "Pro" rather than the legacy version names from the RVS 2010 series.

Mike

7. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

Congrats on the release of RSS 2011! :)

8. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Thanks Coldmoon, I saw that Home Lux and was a bit surprised...
    So, if anytime I had to format my OS.. I need to install v2010 first and then install v2011 over this...
    I have one question, previously full scan feature was absent in free. Is that limitation over in free version now?

9. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Another question, I saw a protection sensitivity under antivirus. Is that heuristics in real time type sensitivity; or just read& write, write or execution type sensitivity..?

10. Coldmoon

If you are upgrading from 201 to RSS 2011 and still need to use the 2010 License Number, yes, you will need to reinstall 2010 first as the 2010 LN is not compatible with a fresh 2011 install.

It is for scan sensitivity

Mike

11. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

When 2011 will be available in others languages ? and thanks for this big program. :)

12. Coldmoon

Hi ESS474,
    We are working on adding more localizations as quickly as they become available. What languages are you looking for specifically? If it is only Brazilian Portuguese, our Brazilian translator is working on it now, but I can't say exactly when it will be available in the software.

Mike

13. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

Hi Mike, i use version 2010 in portuguese, now awaiting version 2011.

14. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

I'll wait anxiously, Thanks :thumb:

15. cyberdiva

cyberdiva Registered Member

I'm somewhat confused. In the instructions for "Updating to a new release of Returnil System Safe" at http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/renewals-upgrades it says "If you are upgrading from RVS 2008/2010 or RVS Labs, please uninstall these versions manually and then install the new copy of Returnil System Safe." Perhaps I've misunderstood, but this seems to say just the opposite of your instructions, Mike. Should I or shouldn't I uninstall RVS2010 before installing 2011?

Thanks in advance.

16. Coldmoon

The difference here is that RVS 2008, Labs, and RVS Lite 2011 use a different licensing system than the one used for RVS 2010 and the new RSS 2011. IOW - 2x licenses do not work on 3x versions and visa-versa.

As Returnil System Safe 2011 uses new edition designations (Pro and Free rather than Lux, etc) the licensing between RVS 2010 and RSS 2011 needed to be incompatible. The one exception (by design) is where a current RVS 2010 customer upgrades to RSS 2011. While a RVS 2010 license number will not work when you try to use it on a fresh RSS 2011 install, an upgrade will work, but will retain the legacy edition from the 2010 series.

Ex:
    Upgrade from RVS 2010 Lux to RSS 2011 Pro will result in you having RSS 2011 Pro feature sets, but the software is called "Lux" to retain consistency and allow the upgrade to take place without needing to assign new licenses to everyone. If you are starting from a fresh RSS 2011 install, then it will show as Pro or free in the GUI.

Mike

17. cyberdiva

Thanks, Mike, for your quick response. I'm afraid I'm still a bit confused. It still seems to me that what you've said is the opposite of what was said on the website. Let me ask two specific questions that may help me understand better what my options are:

1) I currently have RVS 2010 Home Lux. I gather that there's no 2011 Home Lux, just a 2011 Pro or a 2011 Free. If I want to upgrade my current program to 2011 Pro, do I simply download and install 2011 Pro on top of 2010 Home Lux in spite of what it says on the web page?

2) Much of the description of 2011 Pro seems to emphasize anti-virus and anti-malware protection over and above what I'd get from just doing work in a virtualized environment. This is exactly the opposite of what I'm looking for. I don't want or need another anti-virus program or another anti-malware program. What attracts me to Returnil is the virtualization feature. Can I continue to use 2010 Home Lux? If I do that and decide not to renew my subscription, would my copy of Returnil revert to 2010 Free, or would I have to move to 2011 Free?

Many thanks.

18. Coldmoon

The website is only talking about RVS 2008 and the RVS Labs version which was upgraded to RVS Lite 2011 with under-the-hood feature improvements and a new management console. What you will see in your upgrade scenario:

1. You have RVS 2010 Home Lux installed now
    2. You download a new copy of RSS Pro 2011
    3. Per instructions, you install (or upgrade IOW) RSS Pro 2011 over your existing RVS 2010 Home Lux installation

When the upgrade is complete you will be upgraded to RSS 2011 but your program interface will show "Lux" as did the previous install of RVS 2010. This means that you will have the RSS Pro 2011 features and interface, but the interface will continue to show the "name" "Lux".

So you will not need a new License Number or need to re-register your copy of the software because you upgraded. If you uninstall RVS 2010 before installing RSS 2011, you will loose your licensing and registration information; requiring a new, RSS 2011 specific License Number to register it properly.

In the second scenario, your copy of RSS Pro 2011 will show the "name" Pro in the interface when registered.

After upgrading, your copy of RSS 2011 would default to the freeware version when the subscription expires.

You are looking at this in the wrong way however, regarding "adding another AV" on top of what you have. The design, now proven effective with the award of a VB100, is that you no longer need another AV/AM (it is redundant). This means that you should consider using RSS Pro 2011 alone as it is already a layered security solution and does not require the use of additional security programs (outside of effective firewalling) to keep you protected, whereas RVS 2008 (and comparable) did/does.

We plan to continue compatibility with other AVs, but see it as simply supporting our current customers until they are ready to drop the redundancies going forward.

Mike

19. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Mike,
    I have over 18 months left on a 2 year license, if I should uninstall RSS 2011 for any reason I will not be able to reinstall it unless I have an installer for RVS 2010 which I have to install first. Should I accidentally or through computer disaster loose that RVS 2010 installer how am I going to reinstall RSS 2011 with my license that may have over a year still to run?
    It seems to me that this has not been thought through very well.
    On a slightly different line, will my present license work with RVS Lite 2011 when it becomes a final release or will I need a separate license for that?

20. Coldmoon

Hi DS,
    Can you be clearer on your situation? If you have a current RVS 2010 License you can simply upgrade by installing RSS 2011 over it and you are good to go.

If you have a RSS Pro 2011 specific license you can simply install it and go on about your day.

If you have both a current RVS 2010 license and have purchased new licensing for RSS Pro 2011, then upgrade the computer with 2010 installed as I suggest above and then install RSS Pro 2011 on a second computer as you would have two current licenses.

If none of the above address your questions, please clarify...

Thanks
    Mike

21. cyberdiva

If I don't upgrade but simply keep my 2010 version, will it revert to 2010 free when my subscription runs out if I do not pay to renew it, or will it change to 2011 free?

Mike, I have not had good experiences with Returnil's AV. I have much more confidence in my AV and my anti-malware program. I also do not use Returnil all the time, just "on demand," another reason that I have no interest in getting rid of my AV and AM programs. Returnil is a useful tool, but not the environment in which I want to do all my work.

22. Coldmoon

Yes, the software will change to RSS 2011 free.

I still think that the problems were due, in part, to interference from other programs you had installed at the same time and perhaps other legacy things from a previous install that also led to issues. The Virus Guard in 2011 is significantly improved performance, has proven detection quality, and is effective. When used as intended as part of the RSS "whole", I am confident that it will provide a higher level of security than putting together a collection of third party programs to achieve the same thing.

Mike

23. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Mike,
    I have an RVS 2010 specific license with something like 18 months left.
    The situation I am looking at is if my computer dies in a few months time (or tomorrow), a distinct possibility - it is 7 years old and on it's last legs - if I do not have an RVS 2010 installer to first of all install RVS 2010 on my new computer how can I install RSS 2011. Will the installer for RVS 2010 be available for download from Returnil in a years time when I need it to reinstall RSS2011?
    Surely it's not so difficult to have an automated set up where holders of a legitimate v2 series license can enter their current RVS 2010 license number and receive an updated license suitable for the v3 series products by e-mail.
    This is a situation that could affect a lot of users, not just me, that was why I said it didn't seem to have been very well thought out.

24. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Sorry for the delay to say thanks...:)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  25. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Hi Coldmoon,
    Congrats and thanks for new 2011 build. I was user of Returnil Virtual System 2010 Free since its release, but now upgraded to Returnil System Safe 2011 (3.2.10100.5394-REL1) Home Lux (ghacks giveaway key). Everything is working fine and well. I have disabled internal AV and uses Virtual Mode only. My questions:
    1. With my current security setup, will I need to adjust other factor(s) to improve stability and performance?
    2. Should I include Returnil executables in KIS 2011 exclusion list to improve stability and performance?
    3. How can I disabled "Cloud Protection"?

Thanks in advance for replies.
    Regards.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.