Web Access Protection will not turn off/exclude

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by stacker, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stacker

stacker Registered Member

Hi all, so I've been having a little issue.

I regularly go to a site, I've been going there for 4 years now, yet just now Nod32 blocked it. Now I know the reason as to why, there is a bunch of text in the form of a deltree batchfile coding there.

But, I know that just the text can't hurt me

So I've tried to get Nod32 to exclude it from it's webscan, to no avail. I have even turned off all protections, to no avail yet again. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a solution for this highly annoying problem.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what is the site? knowing it might help troubleshooting. Do you know for sure Eset is blocking it?

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I attempted to vist the site you mention, access was flagged and denied as you. It is clearly a malicious site I would not prescribe on taking any measures in unblocking it from access. :ouch:

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  4. stacker

Yes, it's rather blunt about that: (sitename included in picture)
    http://i46.tinypic.com/rvvxia.jpg

I tried this, the problem presenting itself is that I can't use other sites and I still get said above message.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

6. stacker

Thank you for your help, but isn't this something that has to do with files only?
    The reason I came to the forums was that the troubleshooting page was just such a mess.

I do hope that Eset will consider changing it though. I'm a pretty big fan of nod32 as to me it is the best antivirus software to date, but it seems rather strange that when I willingly go to a page which Nod32 warns me about, I can't go to a site I still request to go to. Because as it is, it's pretty much restricting my freedom on the internet.

7. siljaline

File exlusions no Unrelated

The possibility exists this site is currently being used to host malicious content, thus the flag.

@ ESET
    I am not logging these as detected threats :ouch: , what may be the issue as I obviously have web access protection enabled, I would assume these items should be logged.

Attached Files:

• flag.JPG
      flag.JPG
      File size:
      11.1 KB
      Views:
  8. stacker

Yes, as I said in the first post. It contains various virus making codes. I'm just trying to up my knowledge on it.

Even so, should Nod really block me if I'm trying to get in despite knowing it contains malicious content. Because that bothers me as much as Vista's UAC truth be told.

9. winchester73

winchester73 Registered Member

Somewhere along Tobacco Road, North Carolina
    ... trying to get in despite knowing it contains malicious content ...

Perhaps ESET is trying to protect people less knowledgeable than you from potentially infecting their machines due to doing something stupid.

10. stacker

I guess that's true in a way.

11. vtol

vtol Registered Member

you may turn off Web Access Protection when visiting that site

12. siljaline

And run the likely risk of being infected ! I would not prescribe this action. :ouch:

13. vtol

vtol Registered Member

neither did I, but the thing is a bit strange/odd in a way that unless you are somebody fighting viral infections it would not make much sense, for any reason, to enter a site which is said to distribute malicious code. Unless one is affiliated with that site and tries to figure ways to circumvent protection of AV.

you want to visit such site, go ahead on your own risk but don't ask to put the AV out of the way. Clearly if granted access to that site and NOD filtering the web traffic it would do its job and stop the browsing anyway, don't see a reason to override that particular address. In order to fully experience that site the AV would need to be off anyways.

14. stacker

As stated above, I want to try this on my own risk. I have turned off all protection measures but the message will stay.

I never did ask AV to get it out of the way, I cannot see where you've possible seen me say this.

No I'm not someone fighting viral infections, nor do I have any affiliation with that site.
    I am merely trying to get access to information, and last time I checked it is free to talk and learn about malicious code as long as you don't distribute it for said use.

15. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

16. siljaline

It has already been established that this site wants to deliver Malicious content as noted here and here even the Google cache of site site wants to infect. :ouch:

Proceed at your own risk and peril.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  17. stacker

Hmmm, I figure i'm gonna write this under lost causes.

18. winchester73

winchester73 Registered Member

Somewhere along Tobacco Road, North Carolina
  19. siljaline

Proceed at your own risk and peril We have determined that this site wants to deliver Malware
    Under the auspices of ESET Support, this thread can go no further in assisting you with this issue.
    If a site that I frequented was suddenly flagged consistently by my security product, would I insist on visiting the site to the extent of infecting my PC ?

Highly unlikley :ouch:

Last edited: May 30, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.