Defensewall V3 Beta Official Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Scoobs72, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Thanks Ilya. :thumb:

For your info, I downloaded new version, but still needed to allow following port 27005 for steam service to connect:
    DF.png

Profile is on adaptive automatic protection. Otherwise, running very well.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  2. adik1337

adik1337 Registered Member

I'm using win7 x86 latest version ... ok will try new build thanks for the prompt reply bro.

3. icr

icr Registered Member

I am still facing problems regarding browsing the net and while using yahoo messenger.

DWF does not allows me to browse the net so I have to keep the Inbound and Outbound firewall off for sometime I am not using any AV or Firewall just DWF with windows firewall on(Win XP SP2)

4. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Could you please export the log and send it to support[at]softsphere.com?

5. icr

icr Registered Member

Yeah I have mailed it:)

6. adik1337

@Ilya
    ok fresh installed your new build and so far I am not able to recreate the BSODs ... good work bro.

7. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

OK, Steam service is into the list too.

8. Saraceno

Ilya, I know you have a million things on the go, so this isn't important at all.

For some reason, can't run this program as untrusted, just won't load.

Using the portable version, of a program called emesene, which is similar to MSN messenger.
    http://www.emesene.org/ | portable version at: http://www.emesene.org/download.html

It doesn't bother me in the slightest if it doesn't work, just thought you might wonder why. :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  9. Ilya Rabinovich

You can run portable version as untrusted or a regular one?

10. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  11. Saraceno

Ilya, haven't tried regular one. But can't run portable one as untrusted. Program won't load.

12. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

I have some questions about DW. I used the excellent offer to upgrade the Gizmo free version to the latest 3.0 version(Thanks Ilya). Security wise it works great but it chokes my system and browsing down to a crawl. A link opened in a new tab takes about 5+ seconds for the tab to appear on the tabbar with CPU hitting high. I'm assuming this is not normal and need some help in fixing it if possible. My laptop is about 4 years old and this may be the problem. I'm running it with Win 7 x86 Pro with some other security. My first install of it I had these additional securities

First install of DW
    UAC on high asking for credentials
    SRP set at Disallowed
    Windows 7 Firewall Control Plus(after DW install, this is borked and will not load. I thought DW was compatible with most FW's)
    Avast 5 with File System Shield + Behavior Shield only
    Malware Defender(Network Protection Disabled)
    MalwareBytes with Protection Enabled + IP Protection
    Comodo Time Machine

I rolled back to a snapshot prior to installing MBam which left me with this before installing DW

Second install of DW
    SRP set at Disallowed
    Windows 7 Firewall Control Plus(after DW install, this is borked and will not load. I thought DW was compatible with most FW's)
    Comodo Time Machine

I rolled back again but this time uninstalled Windows 7 Firewall Control Plus before installing DW

Third install of DW
    SRP set at Disallowed
    Comodo Time Machine

In all three attempts above, the result was the same. Slow opening tabs and system performance degraded due to extra CPU. Any ideas on what to do?

Laptop specs:
    System Manufacturer/Model Number Averatec 6130HS-20
    OS Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
    CPU Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.00 GHz HT
    Memory 2.0 GB
    Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 64MB
    Sound Card Realtek AC'97 Audio
    Screen Resolution 1280 x 800
    Hard Drives Seagate 96023A 60GB 7200RPM - Seagate FreeAgentDesktop 250GB - Toshiba 200GB in USB enclosure

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  13. adik1337

You said it is a 4 year old laptop ... what's the specs, RAM, CPU?

14. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

I edited above

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

that is way to much security apps:D too many

16. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Hello Greg S,

First of all, since you are running Windows 7 Pro., I highly recommend that you upgrade your memory from 2 to 4 GB. Lastly, if you are going to employ the use of DefenseWall Personal Firewall v3.0 you "may" want to consider relegating MBAM to on-demand duty(disable all active protections), uninstalling Windows 7 Firewall Control Plus and/or uninstalling Malware Defender. Keep in mind that the latter of two suggestions is strictly my opinion.

Peace & Gratitude,

CogitoErgoSum

17. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Ah, I'm maxed out at 2gigs. I don't think Ram is an issue since most of the time I rarely go under 1.4 gig of available system ram. As to your other suggestions, in a sense I did them with the same result. I mentioned this in my post above. The only exception is, MalwareDefender was still installed but with Network Protection disabled. Is there an option to install just DW Hips without the Firewall? Does Win 7's Firewall have to be enabled for DW firewall to work? I assume not but I don't know for sure.

18. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

FYI, it has been my personal experience that Windows 7 requires a minimum of 3 GB of RAM to run well. To the best of my knowledge, someone please correct me if I am wrong, there is no option to install DW without the firewall. The only way that I know to temporarily or permanently disable DW's firewall is by right-clicking it's system tray icon and putting a check beside "Disable Outbound Firewall Protection" and "Disable Inbound Firewall Protection". Lastly, Win 7's firewall does not have to be enabled for DW's firewall to work.

Peace & Gratitude,

CogitoErgoSum

19. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Running Win 7 64bit Home Premium here with 6Gb RAM total installed, and it's flying and smooth using a total of 1.15GB as I type. It requires only 2GB for the 64 edition, 1GB for the 32.

20. adik1337

@Greg S
    I am also running x86 windows ultimate w/ 2g RAM, as you can see in my siggy I am using defensewall w/ nod32 and MBAM pro realtime as well as sandboxie and ad muncher (no slow down whatsoever)... what I can suggest is you test your setup ... try to disable UAC and SRP ... check if it would improve PC performance .. if still running slow .. disable mbams ip protection .. if still slow ... run sfc /scannow to check for any corrupted system files.

21. Ilya Rabinovich

First of all, I suggest you to download and install the latest V3 build. If still no help, you have to send me an e-mail to the support address I could send you a test drivers set back.

22. vhick

vhick Registered Member

I'm also experiencing problem after upgrading to RC 1 from Beta 6. Its slowdown my bootup especially my login. I have error in Defensewall after a long time login.

Using Avira Antivir Premium and Returnil 2010 (System Safe and Virus Guard is off when I receive this error).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  23. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

In the latest DW 3.00 RC1 release (today) Ilya has added a way to not show the second tray icon (with the bright red X) when the firewall is disabled.
    http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=102324&view=findpost&p=253665
    For folks that want to disable the firewall (for given time period, upon reboot or permanently) and not have the second tray icon showing. This allows you to use it as HIPS only, but easily go back to firewall (either inbound/outbound/both) with a mouse click :thumb:
    Latest RC1 release can be downloaded from this link:
    www.softsphere.com/files/DefenseWall_Personal_Firewall_v3_00.exe

24. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Try it with
    1. UAC (you do not need SRP anymore)
    2. Avast File and Behavioral Shield
    3. DW with FW
    4. CTM

You have images and CTM so why not try it in a decent setup

25. dueceswild

dueceswild Registered Member

Two questions come to mind in this. 1) Are the beta updates automatic or do I have to download and install, and 2) I am not clear on what you mean with regard to disabling the firewall. I am sure it's me. Do you mean that I would manually have to enter the registry entry, or that I can now disable the firewall in this new build by just the mouse click, and not have the red X icon? The link presents a way to do it by manually editing a registry entry, at least the way I percieve it.
    Moreso, because I am the village idiot here, I don't know how to create the string (write it) in the registry. Not sure I would do it, as I am currently using the firewall, but for possible future use.

I am really hoping for the ability to disable the firewall from the system tray without having the red X, and without having to write in the registry. Maybe it's already here.

Man, I feel even dumber seeing it written than when I was just thinking it. I figure the mods are sending someone after my computer right now.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.