License Giveaway - Prizes Drawn!

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by LowWaterMark, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baedric

Baedric Registered Member

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had won a copy of Drive Backup Pro.
    Thanks Wilders, Paragon, and everyone who worked behind the scenes to make this contest happen.

2. TJP

TJP Registered Member

I get the exact same message when trying to register my code. The codes are definitely for North America, which is fine as I'm sure Wilders staff and Eset will get it sorted promptly.

I've send a message as requested to the Wilders admin team explaining the situation, I hope to hear back from them soon.

In the meantime, I want to send a big thank you to Wilders and Eset for the Nod32 licence.

Kind regards,
    Travis

3. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

Well, I didn't win, obviously.

But it does annoy me when I hear people entering many different emails to win multiple products, this is cheating!

I entered properly with one email, one time for prevx.

4. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

My ESS is also not working :)

I only went in once, and for only the things i could use, and i got lucky the right way :)

5. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

you can be absolutely sure that anyone caught cheating won nothing and was disqualified

6. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

I'd rather say "If you have a license that you don't use, you can always PM it to me, provided it's OK with Wilders and the Rights Holders"... :D

7. thombu

thombu Registered Member

thankyou for the drive backup, i never taught that i will win

8. southtownguy

southtownguy Registered Member

thank you very much i won drive backup pro and spyware adaware blaster! Much appreciated

9. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Hi,

I would just like to say a big thanks for my Paragon Drive Backup Professional license.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  10. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

Question regarding MBAM licenses.

Are they the normal lifetime licenses from MBAM, or are they only good for one year?

Thanks

11. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I`m away for 5 minutes :rolleyes: and miss all the fun :D

Congratulations to all the winners.

Nice to see (all these) Vendors participating :thumb: and Wilders Security Forums to do this :thumb:

Regards,

- Stem

12. KikiBibi

KikiBibi Registered Member

Thank you Wilders. It's a pleasure to be here. :D

13. CustomHVAC

CustomHVAC Registered Member

"Your name was drawn for 2 prizes in the license giveaway contest"
    SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate
    LooknStop

THANK YOU WILDERS!!

If anyone was hoping for LnS AutoUpdate just ask (only if that's allowed). I'd hate to see it go to waste, I recently renewed ZoneAlarm

CustomHVAC

14. Adric

Adric Registered Member

For those of you that won Paragon DB10 Pro, if you register your product you will also get access to the WinPE recovery disk. Once you register, the clock starts ticking on one month of complimentary support for the product. So if you are not planning on using your prize right away, I assume you can wait on registering it on the Paragon website and still use their support for one month at a later time when you decide to register.

Al

15. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Where do we get our info and registration stuff for it?

16. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

To All My Admins,

If we keep our serial with us for atleast this calendar year and try to activate it after 2010, will you sweet guys help us to activate that? I am asking this because i am not putting up in "North America", so it will difficult for me to get my user name and password with the given serial.

I request you to kindly look into the matter because some of the guys would like to activate license key after sometime...

Looking for your reply...

17. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Answers to some common questons and posts in this thread:

1. As mentioned above, there is a problem with the ESET serials. They appear to be enabled for automatic delivery only to North American users. We will work out doing the activations manually for all effected by this problem.

For prize winners located outside North America, you can have your ESET serial activated by sending the following information via forum private message to foneil, ESET Moderator:

-Full Name: ________ -Home Address: ________ -Country: ________ -Phone Number: ________ -E-mail: ________ -Product won: ________ -Serial Number awarded: ________.
    He will activate the serial number and an ESET product username and password will be sent to you.

2. Regarding the duration of the ESET serials: They should remain unactivated and the clock will not start on their 1-year term until you activate them on the ESET website, or, until ESET activate them manually if required, as noted above. AvinashR, regarding your question, if activation involves manual assistance from the forum staff here, we will promise at least a full year from now to assist the winners in activating their ESET prize.

3. Regarding Prevx license "shelf life", PrevxHelp has posted above that those keys will likewise last until you activate them. You can hold those as you need, as well.

4. Regarding how the winners were selected, we had stated early on (see posts 35 thru 45) that we would be holding the drawings as if each available product was it's own separate contest. Winners were selected randomly from among the list of those that asked for that product, without advantage or disadvantage based on whether they won a previous prize.

5. As to where the registration / license info is can be obtained? Just to make sure everyone is using the new form which lists both your prize(s), and exactly how to get it(them), that page is this one:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/sendmessage.php?do=showprizeawards

18. wishmaster

wishmaster Registered Member

Thank you Prevx, Wilders. Got the prize of Prevx + Safeonline. Thank you for an excellent competition, for your labour. All the successes!:) :) :)

19. Nick969

Nick969 Registered Member

I'm a Winner! WOOOOW! Eset Smart Security!:eek:
    But I'm still in Romania,and this is a really problem,not only with activation!:mad:
    What can i do?Heeeelp!o_O
    TX!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  20. drakester

drakester Registered Member

#2, Thank you very much. :D

21. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Just checked the showprizeawards post and it says this

So it "looks" like it's not a full version, only a trial :( Is this correct ? How does this differ from just going to the Paragon www and DL a regular trial ?

Sorry if i've misunderstood, but it appears confusing :doubt:

22. Rain_Train

Rain_Train Registered Member

Thank You!

My mother always taught me to say "thank you" after receiving something, so thank you Wilders, and thank you PrevX for the giveaway contest! I appreciate the generosity. :) (And yet another belated congratulations on hitting 100,000 members!)

23. Rain_Train

Rain_Train Registered Member

I believe that you download the trial version and then use the license key to activate, or in other words, "convert" the trial into the full version. I may be mistaken, however, as I have not used Paragon Drive Backup Professional.

Good luck.

24. LowWaterMark

Yes, that is correct. Paragon Drive Backup Professional is one of those products where you get full functionality from simply applying a key to unlock the trial. Most of the prizes in this contest work that way... using the keys or license codes provided, you convert the trial into the fully functional paid version of the product.

If you read further down in the instructions you'll see where the product itself even uses the term "unlock" within it.

"Run the program and choose "Unlock" from the screen with the options: buy, unlock, or continue trial.

Enter the Product Key and Serial Number, and you are good to go.
    "

25. LowWaterMark

Bare with us, it won't be too long now. We're working out a process with ESET to handle all those having this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.