Trial version not updating

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jimmythehedgehog, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmythehedgehog

jimmythehedgehog Registered Member

I recently had Eset NOD32 AV running as a trail version, then from 22/01/10 my Eset stopped updating from 4975 (I think).

Distressed, I tried to use the repair setting in the uninstaller, but had errors so I just uninstalled it and upon restart I downloaded the fresh version from the Eset website.

Installed it and bingo, didn't update from the 08/01/10 it came with. It says that the version installed is the current version, but obviously its not.

The problem may be that I messed around with the settings in the modem that lost my Internet connection over night (disabled DHCP), but I got that figured out and my Internet was reborn. This broke on the 22/01/10, and was fixed the next day.

Also I tried updating manually by downloading the latest update files from the Internet and manually selecting to update from there. No luck.

Could there possibly be any link between the modem configuration and the updates?

Also note that UPnP is enabled in the modem.

ANY suggestions are appreciated.

2. Toranaga

Toranaga Registered Member

Re: Trail version not updating

I have the same problem. Last update 22.01. ---4797

3. Toranaga

Toranaga Registered Member

Uhuuuu!!!! He just updated without my help :)

4802 :)

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello jimmythehedgehog,

Are you referring to the version number (i.e. product version 4.0.475) or the virus signature database update number?

Thank you,
    Richard

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Manually uninstall your trial build, reboot, install another fresh trial.
    Reconfigure your modem to default. Post back your findings.

6. jimmythehedgehog

Rmuffler,
    I am talking about the virus signature number.

Also on that note I did download the latest version of the virus signature (4802) from the Internet via the normal browser, then manually updated from a local disk. It worked, but the funny thing is that it updated to a LATER date than it already was. Now it displays that the virus signature is 4641 (27/11/2009).

I have no idea why I have to go through this mess in the first place.

7. jimmythehedgehog

siljaline, Ive already done a similar thing. Thats why I came here to seek for help.

Thanks.

8. siljaline

I fail to see what the issue could possibly be in uninstalling a trial build rebooting and installing another ?

9. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

siljaline's input is good. Have you run the manual uninstall tool? Perform the steps in the following article and use the uninstaller to fully remove al remnants of the product: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289

Once done, you can reinstall the product and see if it updates properly. This may be happening because the program was corrupted at some point and a clean start would fix it in that case.

Thank you,
    Richard

10. noway

noway Registered Member

It would be nice to know what was causing this and whether it could happen again?

11. siljaline

My best guess as to why this is happening of late is due to the network issues ESET has been having with updates, etc.
    I await a word from ESET on this as I successfully installed a trial build on a customer computer the other day, updated, ran and AV scan, updated again without problems.

12. mattytun1514

mattytun1514 Registered Member

my trial version is updating ok now

13. siljaline

Thank you for sharing this information with us, this is encouraging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.