KAV install of 2009 vers. needs Prevx Edge uninstalled?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Wills, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wills

Wills Registered Member

I have posted in the KAV forum here and a member mentioned that Prevx had a forum here as well.
    I am doing a new install from a CD of KAV 2009 and I can't get it installed as it is asking that I uninstall Prevx Edge?
    I don't want to do that as I am not sure how to reinstall it even though I have my key number, I get concerned about going to the site where it suggests that I purchase it after download and if I have a key that I could extend the time on my app.
    I don't want to extend the life on my app and I really don't want to uninstall the program as my brother did not have to when he did his KAV 2009 install sometime ago.
    Is there a reason that these 2 apps don't complement one another at install and will there be issues after...if I ever get the KAV 2009 installed?
    I previously used the KAV version 7 but it ended its life Jan 10, 2010 and so I decided to attempt to install the new version and used the KAV tool cleaner and then loaded my KAV 2009 licenced CD in and didn't get far.
    I would appreciate comments, thank you.
    BTW, I have always been pleased with the interaction of KAV version 7 and Prevx Edge.... and now this.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Prevx and Kaspersky are compatible, however, Kaspersky has chosen to detect the installation of Prevx and require the removal of it, therefore, we recommend uninstalling Prevx, installing Kaspersky, and then reinstalling Prevx on top of Kaspersky.

We're sorry for the inconvenience but there is little that we can do to circumvent this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions :)

3. Wills

Wills Registered Member

Nice of Kaspersky to make a good program difficult to deal with. Now I know why colleagues have left KAV.
    Version 7 was fine with Prevx and now this nuisance.
    I don't know why programmers don't leave a well working application alone and simply update the basics and not try to make it into a limousine that attempts to accomodate far more than I ask for as a user.

Now what do I have to do to remove Prevx? as I don't want to have to extend the time on it and repurchase it?

This all has turned out to be a 'make work' project, thx to Kaspersky.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The process should be as simple as:

Start > All Programs > Prevx 3.0 > Uninstall Prevx

then answer Yes to the uninstall prompts and proceed to install Kaspersky. You shouldn't need to reboot your PC after uninstalling Prevx and you can then re-install Prevx immediately after finishing the Kaspersky installation.

If you do experience any issues scanning with Kaspersky, you may want to turn down the Prevx self protection by clicking Settings > Self Protection and change the configuration to Minimum from Maximum, as Kaspersky currently has a bug which stalls the scan when it encounters the protected Prevx process.

Let me know if you run into any problems with this process! Good luck :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.