Nod32 v4.0.314 blocking uploads

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mooney, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooney

mooney Registered Member

Just installed Nod32 v4.0.314 and now I can't upload to Mediafire, Megaupload, etc. My torrent engine, slsk, and downloads work, but upping zip files doesn't. Any known fixes or setting changes? I've tried turning off my firewall, but that doesn't help. Uploads go way too fast and then fail. Like 540 kb/s and higher.

I need this ability for work and it is very disheartening after all of the hyping that's been done about how good Nod32 is. Seems to be a waste of time and money at this point. I didn't have this issue before and let my Norton 360 subscription run out before installing this.

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
    Google Chrome
    Intel Dual Core 4G Ram
    Windows firewall

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Version 4.0.314 is quite old, try installing the latest beta 4.2.22 discussed here.

3. mooney

mooney Registered Member

Is there a place to download the 4.2 beta changes to update my old version? Not finding any live links on eset's site.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

See this announcement. It's the very first thread in the forum I referred to.

5. mooney

mooney Registered Member

So far, so good. Thanks Marcos. Seems to have bumped my surfing speed up as well.

6. mooney

mooney Registered Member

Actually, it seems that it is still doing it with megaupload and the mediafire problem has returned. Sendspace seems to be OK right now, but slow. Is there a away to stop this intermittent action from happening?

7. mooney

mooney Registered Member

all I had to do with 4.2 was tell it to allow both mediafire and megaupload (with the * wildcard) to get it to stop blocking uploads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.