FAILURE virus protection

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pie555555, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pie555555

pie555555 Registered Member

ESET popped up and stopped adware program from downloading, but something still got into my computer, and soon i got this horrible virus, Antivirus Live which then downloaded more viruses, i shut down my computer, turned it on in safemode, recovered my PC to 3 days earlier, antivirus live was gone. I ran a scan with ESET NOD32 antivirus4 and it deleted 1 adware. Even after the scan my computer was running slow.
    I ran msconfig/startup. Guess what i found! rbot-sd worm.i disabled that. I rebooted my computer still running extremely slow. I look at task manager and the process, hpqthb08.exe was using 100% of my CPU, i ended that and now my computer is fine other then when i click a link on yahoo it brings a survey ad (the same one everytime). By the Way ESET couldn't update while having all these bugs/

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please submit any suspicious files you come across per the instructions here. We recommend enclosing a log from SysInspector as well if an infilration is found running on the system.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

4. olivia751

olivia751 Registered Member

Hello siljaline,

Thanks for the link. Its really helpful for me and for the others. I am searching this type of post for a long time.

Regards,
    Olivia

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You are most welcome for the link, Olivia, however, use of such removal techniques should not be done without guided expert help.

Regards !

Merry Christmas :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.