is there a way to have office 2007 on usb?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mantra, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culla

culla Registered Member

sorry i didn't know i thought it was for testing and legal so is fc portables all pirated ?

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

culla, the statement below, found in the About The Blog disclaimer from FC Portables, says everything you need to know about their portable software:

3. culla

culla Registered Member

it proves that yes it can be done although it is a cut down version
    so is it legal to use it to test or not

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

culla, the decision to use the software (whether for testing purposes or not) is being left up to you, according to their disclaimer, at your own risk. In other words, they are not assuming any responsibility, should you be caught using it.

If a company sells a copyrighted program and that same company does not make it portable, then any portable software copy of that copyrighted program (made by anyone else other than or without permission of the owner) is illegal.

5. culla

culla Registered Member

thanks so that disclaimer means nothing more than they're handing out pirated software ?

if i own the program am i legally allowed to make it portable ?

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

On your first point, that assumption is correct, especially if you don't see written authorization from the program's owner posted anywhere.

On the second point, it depends on the laws of the country you live in.

7. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

with ThinApp it is,

edit: licenses in place :)

Attached Files:

8. Meriadoc

VMWare ThinApp comes in at over 5k for the suite, so it's really gonna be your organization that buys it unless you have a big pocket book. It comes with VMWare Workstation so you can easily make your clean snap shots. (Clients are $39 but you still need at least one license of ThinApp suite.) After making a base snap shot you minimize ThinApp and install your program finishing with restoring the ThinApp window for it to make another scan or capture. You can then choose if you wish to isolate your app. Very simple and easy to use, most of my applications I've thinapped.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  9. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

SoftPedia lists ThinApp at 39.00 gaurantes it to be Clean. No mention of the necessity for a Suite license. There is also a site on the internet listing it for the same price I believe the sites name is ThinApp. Not a RapidShare site. That being said the Suite License is as was said something like 6000. All the sites offering downloads of commercial software for no cost and testing are no doubt illegal unless the software is offered for free in the first place.

10. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Meriadoc, thanks for posting the screen shots. Due to its high cost, not to many people have access to the ThinApps suite, so it's nice to see it in use.

11. Meriadoc

A ThinApp client only works with the ThinApp suite but not only that, a further requirement is the SnS - Support and Subscription which must also be purchased and there's two of them and 3 lengths - gold and platinum (1,2 or 3 year,) sending the minimum cost over $6000...Suite (+50 clients) 1 year gold SnS.

ThinApp is owned by VMWare and can either be purchased via them or a partner - reseller, authorized consultant.

@JRViejo:thumb:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  12. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks Meriadoc

is VMware free?

13. rice4lunch

rice4lunch Registered Member

Just tested it. Not bad at all. Though the app is a bit confusing, since it doesn't have the "baby step" style that thinapp uses. But is FREE!

I think there's a few leaks, but could be fixed by editing the configs. It's still in alpha, so overall, I'm really impressed.

Recorded myself testing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYX8UyD4PsE

14. mantra

mantra Registered Member

cool
    may i ask a question?
    can i do it with photoshop?

i have a legit photoshop copy , normal not extended

15. Meriadoc

Hi Mantra, thinapp is expensive for individual use. If that's no concern to you then knock yourself out its a great tool to have and very easy to use, I'm fortunate that I didn't have to purchase it personally.

Have a look at the free alternatives mentioned. Btw you can also use WinRAR to make portable apps.

Photoshop:thumb:

16. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

Sounds interesting, but how do you do it? A short (or long ;) ) explanation would be highly appreciated.

17. mantra

mantra Registered Member

but in the homepage there is the possibility to buy only thinapp

18. Meriadoc

Johnny123, forgive me for being lazy - youtube

edit : another may be clearer

what your doing is putting everything into the exe so to speak which when launched the files will occupy a temp file. Very clean, very neat, launch from desktop, put them on usb.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  19. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

Thank you! You're right, the other video is clearer. I had some trouble understanding the first guy.

20. Meriadoc

Mmm, wondering if many here know about this tip, probably warrants a new thread.

I use to make all my portable apps with WinRAR before thinapp and still do for some, so easy and works well.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.