NOD32 v2.7 on Win98SE - pre-install query

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MarkLPa, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkLPa

MarkLPa Registered Member

Hello all,

I'm a happy user of NOD32 v4 on my modern PC :) and am thinking of installing v2.7 on an old PC running Win98SE. It runs all it needs to run quite happily and even though I know 98 is no longer supported etc etc, would like an AV for it. (Or is there a complete security package?).

I'd like to know whether v2.7 would be light on resources, give a comparable level of protection and receive updates in a timely manner. Can it be left to it's own devices to update and how much user intervention is necessary to run it under "normal" circumstances. How long will updates be provided for it. Those sorts of questions.

Thoughts and feedback most appreciated.

Many thanks.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

2.7 is a good (solid and lite) choice for Win98. Updates are still provided, I think, but only Eset knows for how long. In any case I'm sure Eset will provide a timely notification if they intend to stop updates

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Trial versions of NOD32 v2.70.39 are no longer offered via the web, however, you should be able contact your local ESET reseller, distributor or office and they can generate a 30-day license for you to trial this older version of the software on Microsoft Windows 98.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. MarkLPa

MarkLPa Registered Member

Hello - and thank you both for your replies. Useful to know that v2.7 is "lite" - and I'm sure it does the job. I've had the following response from Eset - "We are likely to support Windows 98 for a little while longer. No plans have been made to stop supporting version 2.7 to date but as Microsoft have withdrawn support for Windows 98 I cannot guarantee we will support it forever." I think that's fair enough.

Thank you very much for your time and opinions - very helpful.

Regards.

5. penny

penny Registered Member

That's great that they got back to you.

But if it is still supported (2.7 that is) then why are posts such as this starting to show up I wonder?
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1583942&postcount=1
    I too am having the same problem AGAIN.:(
    No updates since the 4th of Nov. No matter how many times I press update now. And I did try to contact them. No responce.
    EDIT
    After some work, It updated.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.