Desktop Icon

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by victord66, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. victord66

victord66 Registered Member

I'm using TI 2009. Is there a way to create a desktop icon that will perform one of my tasks so I don't have to open TI ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello victord66,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Sure you can, all you have to do is create simple batch file. Here are step-by-step instructions:

1.Please create a text document by means of Notepad. Place the following string inside of it:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeService.exe" /script:"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts\CURRENT SCRIPT.tib.tis"

2. Find the following path at your computer: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts

3. Find the script that you created just now. Copy the appropriate value (for example, B44A95F2-BA29-43C3-9F88-C2F566E5BCC1) and place it into the Notepad document instead of "CURRENT SCRIPT".

4. Save the file to your desktop and rename it. The file should have .bat extension.

5. Click on the file and check the functionality of Acronis software.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. victord66

Thanks, but your instructions are not clear:

1. Create a text document - fine but what do I call it? where do I save it?

3. Copy what appropriate value? Where do I find this value?

I've attached an image of this folder. As you can see there are many items in it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  4. Acronis Support

Hello victord66,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Save text document on Desktop -> Right-click -> New -> Text Document -> Give it any name, e.g. Mt Full Backup. It should have .txt extension.

From the screen shot you have provided every tib.tis file is schedule task, so right-click on any -> rename (you shouldn’t actually rename it) -> then point mouse to the selected value (or name of tib.tis file) -> copy. Then you should paste what you have just copied instead of CURRENT SCRIPT from instructions above.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. victord66

That's all fine and dandy, but how do I know that the selected script is the one I want? As you can see, I have many scheduled tasks. There is just one of them for which I want to create this desktop icon.

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Dmitry Nikolaev,
    It's nice to see you monitoring this thread. Would you also look at this thread below. Why does TI change the backup location to something different than what the user created?

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1435666&postcount=953
    -------------------------------------
    Victord66,
    You are making it more difficult than it really is.

You can either run the task; or you can edit the task; or you can click (select) the task and the last date ran will appear at the bottom of the screen.

With that date/time information, you can then open Windows Explorer to the TI scripts folder and under the "Date Modified" column find the task identify which matches the date and time of your last modification activity.

You assign whatever name you wish to the xxxx.bat file you create. It's name only serves to identify to you what the purpose of the file is.

1scripts.png
    --------------------------------
    sample batch file

2script.png

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  7. victord66

Thanks very much for your patience. Seems to work great!

8. Acronis Support

Hello GroverH,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

I have consulted with our expert division regarding the issue you are talking about. The thing is that in general it’s normal situation when program changes backup location for schedule task while managing in case device is not initialized or location not available. The only workaround is to modify schedule task with device attached/available.

I agree that some info regarding this behavior should be provided to users so I have added this information to CLS (customer listening system) and hope that soon this information will be available at least in user guides.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

9. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thanks for the response. Adding a sentence or paragraph to Chapter 8 of the 134 page user manual is a start but its not enough. The user needs to be notified at time of the attempted edit with a plain easily understandable message that the backup target has been changed. If fact, believe the scheduled task should be in-operative until the user corrects whatever changes that the program is making without user knowledge. Rather than fill in bad information, the program should require the user supply the destination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.