Where do I ask for help for checking F.P's

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by apache, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apache

apache Registered Member

I am using NOD 32 anti virus and for the first time it came up with a threat warning. I checked out this forum to find out what I needed to do and if it was a threat or not and I was confused by the replies. One suggestion was to forward an e-mail to 'support', but I couldn't find the address, I found an email address but this was for updates rather than technical support , another was to 'submit for analysis' but that due to the volume that you receive it may take a while and a reply may not be forthcoming.

I would appreciate a definitive answer and even better a 'link' that I could use for any future problems - hopefully never to be used - but better to be prepared.

Many Thanks .

2. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

3. apache

apache Registered Member

Kc - thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried to upload as suggested , and the reply is that 0 bytes were uploaded and the firewall or malware programme is stopping the upload. I will try later.

But at least I know where to go to have it checked.

4. Fixer

Fixer Registered Member

Just send e-mail to: samples@eset.com with subject "Possible false positive", with attached file and short description.

5. apache

apache Registered Member

To Fixer -

Brill , just what I wanted to know, having sent the e-mail , will I receive a reply?

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

You usually do for a false positive, but don't expect one over the weekend.

7. apache

apache Registered Member

I have been thinking about this and I don't think I have quite got this right.

Because I am just copying and pasting the line on the log file that is highlighted as a possible threat this is the reason I am getting the '0 bytes sent' reply.

Should I be copying the whole log file and forwarding this ?

If someone has the time , can they explain exactly how and what I should be forwarding to the 'sample' people.

many thanks .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.