ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.672 discussion thread

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by agoretsky, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bakker

Bakker Registered Member

Hmm that'd be nice,

I'm going to leave .650 on those clients for a few weeks though, and i'll monitor the forums.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I am checking with our web team. The version number should be corrected shortly.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. PcVersteher

PcVersteher Registered Member

Hello Eset!
    What is wrong with you?
    The scanner becomes more slowly version of version
    NOD32 ignores exclusions completely
    Under or optimized scan intelligent I understand of files that files scrutinized before will not be scanned any more.
    The Tray icon orange and is regular the lied reports not been carried out update or false user name or password.
    If something does not improve soon there, I become of eat my available exchange, licence not activated yet. In every regard a new product in a yellow box of which ESET digs off the water against.

Translate with linguatec Personal Translator 2008

Best Regards

PcVersteher

4. ALEX(XX)

ALEX(XX) Registered Member

Hello! Such question, there was version 3.0.672, in it have corrected a bug shown in work under х64 Vista. Before there was version 3.0.669. In time to an exit of the new version almost all modules of an antivirus were updated. If I have correctly understood, updatings of modules of an antivirus insufficiently and it is necessary to download version 3.0.672? Whether So it? Excuse for English, I use the translator.

Yours faithfully, ALEX (XX).

5. DarkButterfly

DarkButterfly Registered Member

I was a user of Eset NOD32 3.0.669.0 and had no problems of what so ever with CPU usage. I upgraded to 3.0.672.0 and CPU usage at 100%. The "solution" I found was to deactivate AP and then activate again, but the all process takes a hell of time. Not what users want as a solution.

I know went back to 3.0.669.0 and fine again.

What is exactly the problem with this issue? Why isn't there a fix, yet?

6. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

Aryeh Goretsky

Understood --- except, where should a troubleshooting or bug report new message thread be put? Directly under the parent of the current thread (ESET NOD32 Antivirus Forum), or in some other location that distinguishes NOD32 v3 from NOD32 v2?

Cordially, R.N. (Roger) Folsom

P.S.: NO NEED TO REPLY TO THIS P.S.!
    You may (or most likely do not! <grin>) remember me from a year or more ago when we corresponded about:
    a) a false positive threat report (i.e. a threat that wasn't a threat, because it involved a now never-used utility called Envoy, then distributed with WordPerfect), and
    b) some suggestions I had about improving the NOD32 interface.

You did a great support job with regard to item a), and you apparently appreciated my b) suggestions (or at least were courteous about them), and invited me to beta test 3.0, but unfortunately I had to decline due to time constraints.

Last week I had another need for support (this time about an apparently real threat, caught by a Nod32 v2 routine in-depth analysis demand scan). The problem did get solved, although since I had to innovate, my solution was inefficient and denied Eset some information which might have been useful to Eset and its users.

Based on that most recent experience (admittedly, a statistically inadequate sample of a single incident), the quality of Eset's support has declined down to Dell's worst levels.

If your time (or the time of some other Eset manager) permits, I encourage you to look at the following case numbers: .438708.212594_4400933_115374.4d83fcc91d.
    In addition to my initial telephone support request (which went reasonably well, although one of my emails did suggest some improvements), there should be a total of four emails between Eset and me, each subject line containing the number 175949. In the last of these emails, I requested that the case be closed, so there's no need for you (or anyone else) to follow up. Please do not follow up with me. But "in-house," my judgment is that Eset's technical support needs improvement, to reach its earlier high standard.

Nevertheless, today I've renewed my three NOD32 licenses for another two years, and will download version 3. I'm looking forward to trying out the new user interface, on my now rather elderly Dell and IBM laptops.

Cordially, Roger Folsom

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Normally, I would expect someone to start a new message thread. That way, they would receive prompt attention to the issue they are reporting.

I will check on case # 175949.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

I'm currently using version 3.0.667.0.
    Will it update automatically or do I need to update it manually?
    Also are there any other fixes or benefits updating to this new version or just vista 64 crash bug fixed? I am using vista 64 and it's always very stable.

9. rnfolsom

Understood. But from your answer, I guess the answer to my question of "where should a [NOD32 v3.x] troubleshooting or bug report new message thread be put?" is to put it in the "ESET NOD32 Antivirus Forum," since apparently NOD32 v3.x and v2.x don't have separate forums.

But including "NOD32 v3" in the new thread's subject line would probably be useful, to attract v3 users and potential users and to avoid wasting the time of committed v2 users.

Thanks.

Roger Folsom

10. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Hmmmm? o_O

NOD32 v2 Antivirus Forum

11. rnfolsom

Thanks for correcting me. Since there is a NOD32 v2.x forum, apparently the "ESET NOD32 Antivirus Forum" would be the default forum for new NOD32 v3.x threads, as well as for new threads applying to both v2.x and v3.x.

Roger Folsom

12. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

I still have v3.0.657.0 on my 32-bit system. Should I update to v3.0.672 or not worry about it? And why does ESET not notify its licensed users via e-mail when a version change is released (no, my e-mail filter is not blocking them)?

13. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

The current version is 3.0.684.0 and yes I recommend you upgrade as it has several performance improvements.

14. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

Okay, but why do I have to come to this fine forum to learn of a new version? Shouldn't ESET be contacting me directly?

15. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I've wondered that aswel. Come v4 we hope ESET push these "engine" updates as PCUs. (Downloadable via updates)

16. mickhardy

mickhardy Registered Member

This comes up quite often. Consider the readers of this fine forum to be release candidate testers. The newer versions are released to us and anyone else who likes keeping things ship shape. If we don't have too many issues, the releases are scheduled for the rest of the world via automatic updates.

I think this is OK even though I've requested a more granular approach where the specific version is offered and previous roll back versions are also available all through the automatic update engine.

In reality, using ERA, and a small amount of effort, this scenario is already available for business users.

V4 Beta is rock solid in my humble opinion but I don't think they'll change this particular philosophy.

17. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

Other than the daily signature database updates I have never received an engine (or NOD32 version) update automatically from ESET. Am I missing a setting or something? It really is quite irritating to "only" hear about the new NOD32 update from this forum. ESET knows my e-mail address and I have paid for Smart Security so why don't they simply notify me directly to tell me about improvements?

18. mickhardy

mickhardy Registered Member

The options under advanced update settings control the program component updates. You won't receive a major version automatically like V3 to V4 but you should recieve minor version upgrades a few months or more after they are released for download.

You'll receive emails from ESET when your license is about to expire or you submit a support request. They might also let you know about a major release. I seem to remember being emailed when V3 was released.

Check this thread out.

Advanced Setup.jpg

19. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

Thank you for the Advanced setup tip and thread link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.