What are some easy to use free imaging programs???

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by cheater87, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

That seems like a pretty good program. :)

2. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Does Acronis delete older back ups to save room after they have been there for a while and space is getting lowo_O

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Here's the link to download the Acronis 8 Personal for Free:
    http://www.allacronis.com/personal.php

It's as simple as downloading version 8 and using the serial that is on the page linked above. They try real hard to get you to upgrade to Acronis 9 - but Acronis 8 Personal is there - and it's hard to beat free.

5. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Hey boys what are your priorities,something has to be free,or something has to be good ? I.m not a fanboy of anything but SP is much more accomplished if compared with Acronis.If you need worryfree imaging then SP is the way to go,really if compared with the older (8 package) versions of Acronis(lacking mouse and drive support),and also much slower imaging.But for SP, you have to pay for it.I did and never looked back.

6. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I use macrium reflect PE. I love it. I made a basic XP SP2 install, put on all my normal stuff, no games etc. Tweaked it till it was just so. Used macrium to make an image onto my backup drive. 5.8gb on c:, compressed to 2.4gb on g:, time was 1min 50sec.

I put a liveXP bootSDI image on my c:. I also used macrium to create a bartPE plugin, and made a bartpe SDI image on my c: too.

Now my boot.ini lets me boot into liveXP, which macrium does not work well in, or bartPE, which macrium performs flawlessly in. Time to restore 2.4gb image back to c:, 45 seconds.

Since my image now has both boot images (ramdisk), when I feel the need within a few minutes my system is back to day 1. I can then put a few more options in place and make a new image.

Overall I would say macrium is almost good enough to buy. You can also explore images and drag stuff out of them. Not bad in my book.

Sul.

7. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Why don't you try Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8.5 SE.
    It's free.
    And Paragon products are really reliable.

You can search it @ vnunet dot com, then go to downloads section, and then go to Recommended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.