Attacked/Hijacked/Infected...

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by vmagal1, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vmagal1

vmagal1 Guest

My PC has been hijacked. It started when Google and Yahoo search engines were redirecting me weird sites. I got a message that popped up asking me if I wanted to allow "svchost.exe" and not being a real expert, I figured I'd seen it before so I allowed it. I'm not sure if that made the problem worse but now my Norton Anti-Virus has been disabled and I am not able to access any anti-virus websites. I was able to access Download.com but the setups couldn't finish probably because it couldn't connect. I tried to do it in Safe Mode but that didn't work...I'm out of options. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

vmagal1, first, welcome to Wilders! If you have a friend with a non-infected PC, ask them to download and burn these programs to a CD (use ALL of them in the order listed, while disconnected from the Internet):

1. Dr. Web CureIt!
    2. McAfee Stinger
    3. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
    4. SUPERAntiSpyware Free

1 & 2 are standalone utilities and will run from the CD, but 3 & 4 require installation, however, after running the first 2, your PC should allow the install of the last 2. Run them all and let us know what they find. Good luck!

3. vmagal1

vmagal1 Guest

Thank you for the welcome JRViejo! I will try this solution...thank you so much for replying!

4. vmagal1

vmagal1 Guest

Wow, this worked perfectly. My PC had quite a few trojans and backdoors and viruses...thank you so much for saving my PC....JRViejo has earned his way into Heaven, LOL

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

vmagal1, you're welcome! Keep both Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware updated daily, while performing weekly scans, and your PC should stay clean. Thanks for the word upstairs; we all need all the help we can get. ;) Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.