remove-malware.com - Comodo Internet Security 3.5 Review

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 3xist, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3xist

3xist Guest

2. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

interesting, thanx

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

CIS performed pretty well. I'm quite surprised actually.

4. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I bought comodo IS some weeks ago. I used it for some days and then i uninstalled it. There was only one reason. I use limewire for downloads. And as with every other download application you should be carefull what you download.

I have previously get burned by a file that i downloaded, and i thougt i should give it a try with comodo installed. But there where no popups, no warnings no nothing. Spyware doctor recognized the trojan file and removed it.

I have no reason not to belive that comodo IS is good at removal as shown in the test at www.remove-malware.com, but i im not sure how good it is at blocking incoming crap. There is a test at pcmag.com that shows a different side of comodo than the test at remove-malware.

But its true that it is very light on recources. And what comes with the paid version is 24hr free help with removal of crap and trust connect, (go to comodo and see, hard to explain)

The free version is the same as the paid version it is only when you need help they will ask for your ID to se if you have a paid version.

5. JamesFrance

JamesFrance Guest

6. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Yes i have seen the whole review from www.remove-malware.com
    I am not saying that it is a bad product, i am only saying that i had some problems with it. Not cleaning problems, but blocking problems.

From the youtube review you can see that it is awesome at removing crap, but it dosen`t say if it is awesome at blocking crap from entering your computer.

But hey.. This is only my thoughts..

7. removemalware

removemalware Registered Member

8. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

Actually it is much better in blocking "crap"...

9. Kayracc

Kayracc Registered Member

i concur, ain't seen much that gets past defense+

a mbr rootkit i checked out did, but that was a earlier beta, was told they fixed that

10. pykko

pykko Registered Member

very strange and unprofessional this remove-malware.com
    Go to that CIS review and you get to the part 4 directly.
    You should dig a little bit to reach part 1, 2, 3.

The most funny part is when that guy recieves a Comodo firewall pop-up and he says: "hmm... that's a firewall alert..aa..I will allow it for now" :argh:

11. Kayracc

Kayracc Registered Member

pykk nothing he does says 'professional' he's just having fun i'm fairly sure :)

12. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Well i have read one other review that says different. And aint it a little bit strange that after he had scanned with SAS there where 2 trojans left that it didnt take any notice of? It told you that your computer were safe, but actually it wasnt.

Anyway, i like comodo. They do a great jobb concidering that the suite is for free. And the stand alone firewall is worldclass.:thumb: But i dont trust the antivirus and the malware scanner.:thumbd:

Her is the other test: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2333803,00.asp

13. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Agree! His use of Comodo's own advertisement banners & logos, as well as his "wowee gee-whiz!" comments, cause his site to mostly resemble the site of a blindly loyal fan-boy rather than an objective tester.

14. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

15. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

And his frequent "Go Obama!" comments are a real turn off.

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

The list is long but if you look at it closely you'll see it contains huge number of harmless files like bmp, lnk files and registry values that do no harm by themself.

17. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

In my own little test with some 0-day samples Comodo failed to detect them all. Most of this this samples were created in constructors, or are modified Zlob's (some active in Moscow region, others lab samples). Defense+ does alert in some cases when the malware is active, but can't the prevent infection from most samples.

While they seem to boost up detection, it yet can't compete with the other free av's around (especially avast!). A scan of our personal collection showed a vast improvement of detection over RC1 or Beta3, don't remember exactly.

Let's take another look in a month or three :) Anyway, thanks to Comodo for offering a full suite for free :thumb:

ps. Have received a few PM's, we only share only the spreading samples with av-vendors and not with individuals, our lab samples won't be shared at all. The spreading samples were already submitted to Comodo using the submit feature.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  18. removemalware

Actually, It's the first time I've heard of Comodo...not really a "fan boy" I just like free products that work.

19. removemalware

Sorry...I'll make sure to stay to the script.

20. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I also like the idea of free products! And comodos vision of making a secure webworld is fantastic. And I also like www.remove-malvare.com because he is just the boy next door trying out different security products!

But we all have different opinions about things. I personally like that an average guy like him at remove-malware does all this testing because some other of the bigger companys who does test sometime sound like they have been paid of.

21. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

I think Matt does a decent job with his videos and I appreciate the time he puts into it. I am not ready to use the full Comodo Internet Security package so I just stick with Comodo Firewall and my own Antivirus for now.

22. removemalware

Thanks man. That was my whole goal. Average Joe type of reviews. When someone goes to the store or downloads some anti-malware product what can they expect to seeo_O

I'm trying to show people how anti-malware products perform under infested types of conditions.

23. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Having voted for our President-elect, it was fine with me. Everyone got caught up in this election.

I liked the review, but I'm not sure the AV is quite ready yet to compete with the major AVs. Your review showed it is making progress, though.

24. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

Well, I thank you for videos and "stuff", but I would really like if you go more "under the hood", if you have will, knowledge, time and money :D:eek:, there is much more to say about software you testing (Comodo especially).

P.S. GO OBAMA!!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  25. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I think people are being a bit harsh. It's your site and time you're putting in.

We're d!cking around on the web, you're spending your nights-off doing reviews for others. And they can get boring for the guy testing the products, without any 'real incentive', so he's having a bit of chit chat thrown in.

I can understand why another user here didn't appreciate off-topic comments. People do take politics seriously....But if you take a step back, politics/sporting teams/car brands/AV products/favourite beer....the list goes on...are just a preference. No two people are going to think/like everything the same. :)

Back on topic, some good suggestions. You might want to do an 'under the hood' review down the track, see which previous products can be configured to the 'n'th degree etc.

Also, might try another review format one day, and see which products once already installed, prevent infection thrown at it (for example products like malware defender/threatfire). Even test out programs such as sandboxie, or virtualisation, such as Shadow Defender, or Comodo DiskShield, to show users that you can install whatever, and after a reboot, everything is gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.