Eset NOD32 3.0: when Italian language will be available?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DarkRAdeon, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkRAdeon

DarkRAdeon Registered Member

November 2008: no Italian version of Nod32 3.0.

Whenn will it be available?

PS: sorry for my crapy English.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please contact the Italian distributor. We do not push them and it's only their decision when they'll release it.

3. provolino

provolino Registered Member

If I can write a suggestion, you should change your mind and phush them.

It's really not normal that a team didn't release the localized italian version in more than one year from english version availability.

I can undestand a delay of a few months to translate a software, but one year delay is not acceptable.

You are loosing a lot of users here in italy: for example I bought karspersky solution because I don't want to wait anymore and my company followed same behaviour with other 100 business pcs.

If a team is not able to translate your software in the correct time just change it, it's simple.
    Or make the english file available to the community so we can help you for free or for a license in exchange (a lot of softwares use this policy on the web).

Thanks a lot

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We fully respect the decision of the Italian distributor re. the release date of the Italian version. Please contact them if you need any detailed information about the release.

5. provolino

Sorry to repeat myself but v4 is out and we still have the same problem for italian localization :(

As I said before I can understand a little delay needed to translate the new strings but it's difficult to accept that v4 is already localized in several languages (Czech, English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Slovak and Spanish) and not in Italian :(

I love your software and I really suggest to change the italian distributor if it cannot guarantee the translation service in short times.

This happens with NOD32 only (other suites like Kaspersky, Antivir, AVG, Norton, etc. releases italian version after a short delay) and I think you should take care of it because this is bad publicity for all of you.

Please forward this post to developers if it can be useful ;)

Thanks for listening,
    P.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  6. provolino

Hello,
    I wrote the previous post one month ago and still no official answer from Eset team :(

7. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

That's because they don't control the Italian version, it will be released when the Italian team releases it.

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Actually, a member of the Eset Team gave an "official answer" about four posts up here.

Bubba

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  9. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello provolino,

I have looked up the contact information for our Italian distributor. You can find their contact information here: http://www.nod32.it/company/contact.php.

Thank you,
    Richard

10. provolino

Hi all,
    thanks for the answers.

I know Eset main team doesn't perform the translation directly (indeed I'm not asking to them to speed the translation up) but they choose local distributors, I guess, and I think it's totally nonsense to keep a distributor that is not able to ensure updated translations in short time.

Moreover version 3.0 and version 4.0 are not too different (about the text to translate) and I can bet that any italian user could update the translation in a few days.

As I said before, the behaviour of local Eset distributors is considered like the official behaviour of Eset Company and I think you should care about that because this is very bad publicity for all of you (several italian forums are full of messages complaining about the translation delay).

BTW, I contacted the italian distributor by mail and they just answered they are working on the translation and that there are no scheduled date for release.

This answer is not acceptable from a leader company like yours.

I also offered to help doing the translation by myself (for free!!!), but they told me they are not interested in that.

11. _kronos_

_kronos_ Registered Member

I think it's unacceptable that a great softwarehouse as Eset agrees that its distributor delays a commission for more than a year...

For me english isn't a great problem, i can use EAV in English too, but I don't like the idea of carelessness..it's ridiculous imho:cautious:

I stopped using Eset softwares an year ago for this reason in particular...And consider that i'm not the only one in Italy:rolleyes:

If you're so satisfied of this..well, you'll continue losing users..otherwise something as to be changed...

Best regards

12. thnx4thepen

thnx4thepen Registered Member

Hi all :)

This is a problem that occurs with each new version of NOD32...

I agree with Provolino and _kronos_: it is not acceptable conduct by a large company such as ESET, one can not say "is the responsibility of the Italian distributor".

I wanted to point out how the Beta 4 was released in Italian...

http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/showpost.php?p=26289534&postcount=2103

...this means that the bulk of the work has already been made but the Italian distributor does not want to release the localized stable version.

Regards

PS sorry for my English.

13. thnx4thepen

Time passes and v4 in Italian there is no trace. We thank the "Future Time S.r.l." (NOD32 Italian distributor).

14. quicko

quicko Registered Member

I think that the Italian distributor has taken the right decision.
    Version 4 of NOD32 actually seems to be full of bugs.
    I prefer a fully working system instead of a (fully) instable system.

15. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

That may be the case on your machine and certainly is not on mine but why not let the Italian users find out for themselves in their language how stable, or not, it is

16. quicko

quicko Registered Member

If you take a look at this forum you may realize that there are only few posts regarding v3 and many others concerning v4.
    Maybe the Italian distributor is more cautious.

17. thnx4thepen

So according to your point of view all other distributors are not very conservative?
    The only retailers who do not offer NOD32 v4 are the Italian and Croatian.

http://www.eset.com/download/home

I refer to the versions "Home PC User (32Bit)"

Thank you Future Time S.r.l.

18. quicko

quicko Registered Member

Dear thnx4thepen,
    I don't know the reason of the delay, but I think that Paolo Monti and his team are able to do their job and so I respect their decision.
    I agree with you when you say that Eset and Future Time should provide a release date, but I think that you agree with me in understanding that the problem is not just the translation, as provolino said.
    I'm trying to say that maybe there is a valid reason for the delay.

19. thnx4thepen

Hi quicko,

premise:

1- I never mentioned the name of Paolo Monti
    2- I never questioned the ability of Paolo Monti and his Team
    3- I never said that non-compliance with decisions of the Italian distributor

I do not know what are the reasons for the delay of the release of NOD32 v4 in Italian, but it seems a scene being viewed.
    The release of v3 happened about a year after the firts release in English (for the accuracy after the release of v4 Beta).

Why only Italian version suffers from these major delays?

PS the v4 beta was released in Italian, so I think that the bulk of the work of translation has already been done.

http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/showpost.php?p=26289534&postcount=2103

20. quicko

quicko Registered Member

Yes, you are right: version 3 was released in italian the 26th november 2008, later than other languages.
    As I said "maybe there is a valid reason for the delay".
    The only possible answer is in the hands of Future Time (http://www.nod32.it/company/contact.php).
    Ciao!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  21. provolino

Maybe you're right, quicko, but Future Time doesn't seem to give us that valid reason.

I contacted them several times, and they always replied with "we are working on the translation but we are not able to provide a release date".

I can accept this answer when the program has just been released but it's unacceptable after so long delay.

This behaving makes a lot of customers choose another antivirus software and if I was Eset I would have already changed italian distributor.
    I really don't understand why they have not done that yet.

Do you think it's acceptable that only italian (and croatian) localizations are missing?

I'm very disappointed.

This is bad reputation for all Eset company and Eset should care about that.

22. provolino

Mmm... no replies in more than one month... and the italian Eset website still has version 3.0
    Good, it's time to switch to another antivirus, I guess.

Good-bye NOD32, welcome MSE.

23. thnx4thepen

...another is gone.

24. leofelix

leofelix Registered Member

ESET Italy - Future Time - has its own reasons, believe me.
    But I'm not allowed to tell you why, sorry

Cheers

---------

La Eset Italia - Future Time - ha le sue valide ragioni per non rilasciare Eset NOD 32 v 4.0 in italiano, credimi.
    Non posso dirti perché ma se dai un'occhiata sia nella knowledgebase della Eset.com e ti fai un giro anche in altri forum relativi la sicurezza ci arrivi da solo

ciao;-)

25. thnx4thepen

Another version of NOD32 is released (v4.0.467).
    But not in italian...:thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.