Does Anyone Like TI2009?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RealResults, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealResults

RealResults Registered Member

Does anyone like TI2009? If so, please state which operating system you are using. I have TI 11 and using it with Vista 64 without issue. Wondering if anyone out there likes TI2009. Thanks.

2. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I use XP Pro and I like TI 2009.

3. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

No. I do not think I shall be able to use it at all.
    • I cannot find a way to make and keep multiple system partition images over time.
    • I cannot find a way to make and keep multiple sets of incremental images (a full image and some number of associated incrementals) of my data partition over time.
    • The search function, supposed to be fixed so that it accurately reflects in which incrementals a given file is found, is still broken in that way, and broken in new ways as well.
    The first two are show-stoppers for me. I have it all working quite well with 11 so I suppose there I shall have to stay.

4. richbenn

richbenn Registered Member

I don't like the install both builds hung when installing they both ran after a reboot but having an install hang with saying it was going to finish and required a reboot to get rid of the screen isn't exactly confidence inspiring! Vista as OS.

5. BChat

BChat Registered Member

I installed TI2009, replaced TI 10, in Vista Ultimate 32bit and Home Premium 64 bit, no issues. All I do is create images and restore them if needed, never a problem.

6. oldtimercurt

oldtimercurt Registered Member

BChat, do you store multiple copies of fulll image backups? If so, how?

OTC

7. BChat

BChat Registered Member

Drive 0 - Ultimate 32 bit - 74 GB Raptor
    Drive 1 - Home Premium 64 bit - 74 GB Raptor
    Drive 2 - Files and back ups - 100 GB Maxtor
    Drive 3 - backup of backups - done weekly. - 300 GB Maxtor
    ----all are separate HDs----

I make full backups/images of D0 and D1 almost daily, store them on Drive 3, keep the last two images of D0 and last two of D1. The images are manually deleted. I never had any luck, or trusted ATI to count/delete backups

Once a week I back up Drive 2 to Drive 3, which I turn off in the bios until the next time I need it. Drive 3 is in an Addonics ''cradle" that I can turn off and take out of the machine.

HTH

8. RobboNLA

RobboNLA Registered Member

I've settled on TI10 as the best for my XP and Vista machines.

TI11 was a nightmare; TI12 doesn't seem any better.

I'm sorry that I paid the upgrade for TI12. Live and learn, I guess.

9. BChat

BChat Registered Member

Did you ask about a refund from Acronis? I used T11 for a very brief time, requested a refund, and got it.

I really cannot complain about Acronis at all.

10. ToyMaker

ToyMaker Registered Member

I love it. XP and TI 2009

I use the batch file from the forum and it creates a folder and stores my full backup and incrementials in a folder. You can set it up to keep as many incremential as you want before it moves them to a new folder. Also, it will keep as many backup sets as you want or have room for. I love using the batch file for this, I know some people don't but I don't care.

Attached Files:

11. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

I agree 100%.

Point 2 is the reason I bought Ti11.

Ti2009 cannot support it anymore. Ok: I have to evaluate other software when Ti11 doesn't work properly in the future.

A batchfile from the forum cannot replace an automatic function.

I'm sorry, Acronis.
    I think you have developed Ti2009 all over the real requirements of the users.
    What wishes were realized from the 'wish-list-Thread'??

This is a behaviour from 20 years ago where the developers said to the users what they need and how they work.
    Today the users say to the developers what they need.
    That's efficiency...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  12. skypx

skypx Registered Member

This may seem like a silly question, but compared to TI11 is TI12 any faster? More specifically, does it create backups any faster? Thanks.

13. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

I have no problems with ATI 11. I do only full backups of C on external drives, keep them as long as I want, and as many as I want. My data is on a different partition.

For me V11 is already overloaded with features I will never want to use. Have no incentive to go to ATI 12 unless backups are faster, and restores much faster. My last restore took two hours. I don't hear anyone comparing speeds V11 vs v12.

Old versions of Paragon Disk Copy and Macrium Reflect are already somewhat faster than ATI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.