Will it image to a folder on a mapped network drive?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by surgesound, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surgesound

surgesound Registered Member

Hello, All:

Please pardon the neophyte question, but I'm evaluating a demo copy of ATI 11, and before I go any farther, I need to know if this software (or any other) will allow me to use my newly acquired 2Tb NAS as a destination for disk images of several computers on my network. Can I set up folders on the NAS as destinations for these drive images, and how do I do this?

---Jim

2. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

As long as the target folder is shared and permissions allow you can back up to any drive on a LAN, either on a different computer or to NAS. You also need to check that the target folder is visible in the recovery environment, i.e. when booted to the rescue media.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello surgesound,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that it's recommended to use full UNC path to the network drive instead of mapping it. Please see this Acronis KB article for more information.

As for how to do it, either enter the path to the folder into the path string when choosing archive location; or navigate to the folder via "Computers near me" item. Please see Acronis True Image 11 Home User's Guide for detailed instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.