TI11 does not recognize detachable drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by farnswrt, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farnswrt

farnswrt Registered Member

o_O TI11 does not recognize detachable usb hard drive using boot disk. It does see it when attempting Restore from XP, but going that route after all options made and hit Procede, nothing happens; progress bars empty, then Reboot message comes up. Reboots to blank window in Acronis.
    Anybody have any feedback to these problems?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Make sure you have the latest build (8101) which was available in the last few days. If the boot CD from that doesn't work you'll have to ask Acronis for a special build that will include the Linux drivers for your external enclosure. OR you can make another type of boot CD that includes the BartPE plug-in. There's a whole thread on the forum that talks about this.

3. Aptje

Aptje Registered Member

If you use a trial ( 8101) , what to do in order to get that special linux containing rescue disko_O

I want to have a working rescue cd before buying this product?

:(

4. tuttle

tuttle Guest

You won't get a rescue CD until you buy the product. Good grief, think about it: if they gave you the rescue CD free, many people wouldn't need to buy the product.

5. Aptje

Aptje Registered Member

But a see of complaints of people who have like me a brandnew pc.

If I buy it now, I'm not certain that a rescue cd will work.
    So I think the rescue cd's are not equiped for their tasks.
    So many persons have problems, Acronis can't deal those new hardware.
    That problem is still there.
    Even after the new update!

If you want to sell, your trial must be ok!
    :rolleyes:

6. tuttle

tuttle Guest

Fine, you keep saying that until Acronis sends you a free rescue CD. :rolleyes:

7. Aptje

Aptje Registered Member

No, it's crazy to know that yoy must contact Acronis for another rescue disk.
    Those drivers must be on the rescue disk which the user can make itself.

Why those drivers are not present on the rescue disk?

After all those months the clients have to contact Acronis!
    That's the other way around!

A lot of customers will not contact support after having used a trial which rescuecd doesn't fonction!
    They simply buy an other product !

I think I that's a better idea if help isn't provided.

8. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Actually the trial version will let you make the Rescue CD but you will only be able to do restores using it (not Backups) - unless that has changed in Ver 11.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Aptje,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Actually, we also can provide a customized version of trial Acroni Bootable Rescue Media. However, in order to know what customizations are needed for your particular hardware, we need information about your system. So, we recommend you to create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support, as suggested by Nikita in this thread you created. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.