Prevx 2.0

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by C.S.J, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

is it still being developed?

its still beta for vista,...... for as long as i can remember, when will it get final status and improvements?

if no development is happening, will users be given AT LEAST a conversion to CSI which seems to have a healthy development.

2. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I doubt you will get an answer on it. They have been pretty silent when it comes to the 2.0 version. Hope they do develop it more. I like it more than CSI because CSI is more of a cleanup app where 2.0 is more of a prevention app.

3. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

That's what im waiting for, I got it for XP, but now i have Vista, and i wont install a beta. Got t'ill Feb 09 but i think my sub will run out before they get done. :doubt:

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

either way, i still want an explanation from EraserHW, if he will. :)

5. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

We've just released a couple of days ago Prevx 2.0 v1.0.2 Build 127, that implements new drivers to support Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista SP1 :)

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

why is it still beta?

and when will further versions/improvements be added?

prevx 3.0 isnt in the near distance?

7. Ro4dRuNn3r

Ro4dRuNn3r Guest

But still in beta, beta since 100 years. :gack: Sorry, but this makes me angry, i purchased my license for nothing ( i don't wanna use a beta programm on my vista comp)

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i used the beta without any issues, but by now it should be compatible with UAC and beta status should be removed by now.

its the only program that i see around, that seems to have no direction for where it is going.

9. ako

ako Registered Member

Should not this tell you something?

See also http://www.castlecops.com/t221774-Now_Prevx_Free.html
    (Prevx tells a customer to switch from prevx2 to prevx CSI)

10. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

BS answer, i have personally been running build 127, since around the first of the year (Feb 17, 2008 3:22 am est to be exact). :cautious:

Mike

11. Killtek

Killtek Registered Member

I too was a PrevX 2.0 believer and waiter for a Vista RC version. But I saw the hand writing on the wall for PrevX 2.0 when they started pushing CSI. I fell for their propaganda.

I told my friends if they're infected then download/purchase CSI (CSI is free for detection only). One friend was able to remove malware after 4-5 attempts, he almost gave up until I told him to give it one more try. My other friend was able to detect infection with CSI, but was not able to remove the infection, even after CSI said it cleaned it.

If you ask me, PrevX2.0 should of been their main focus... CSI is just another dumbed down interface with empty promises.. ala OneCare

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  12. Threedog

The 2.0 version set to Pro Mode works great. I really hope they don't abandon it.

13. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,
    A clear indication that Prevx guys are running out EXCUSES, eh?

14. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Try using Threatfire in its place. Not a bad replacement and free.

15. simmikie

i did, and for me it's a weak second place, and i say that truly desiring a replacement for Prevx2. while being (for me) buggy, Prevx2 is still an app i cannot seem to wean myself from.

i have seen what i once regarded a quality organization truly, in my opinion, bottom out. it appears they have abandoned development and support for the app (i have an outstanding support ticket that i will enclose) and yet still offer it for licensing premium. very low rent.

note the dates. i feel i was reasonably civil in my dialog with Prevx. i feel a committed support organization, would at the very least have sent up a couple of simple "testing, cannot duplicate issue" messages instead of allowing me to believe for nearly a month they had simply disengaged.

i do intend to follow-up with them (need to redownload and run pcflank.exe again) it's important for me to know that Prevx2 will clean the malware it jails.

edit:

only reasonable that i post this follow-up to my Prevx support ticket.

Mike

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  16. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

For Windows XP SP3 too? ;)

17. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I agree completely. :thumb:

18. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

I wish you guys can do more than just that, to win me(us, 5 ex users) back.

A wishful thinking or a truly possibility o_O?

19. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

So
    Interesting
    My PrevX2 just updated itself !! :eek: :) To v1.0.2 Build 127.
    Been quiet for a while. :cautious:
    AFAIK this version ( Build 127 ) has been around for a while..why activity now??

@Eraser, hello: do I infer this is a -new- XP3 compatibility update, or something else new??
    Me too :)
    I have been watching your concerns as well.
    While I dont feel quite as frustrated as you Mike, I have had some concerns as well and the forum has been a bit near comatose, although the blog has been active.
    I have also been waiting for some definitive info/updates on PrevX v CSI and roadmap.

I put a lot of faith in certain posters here for veracity sakes and am keeping it on and keeping the faith so far.
    Regards

20. simmikie

probably few people get as tense as i do, when it comes to Prevx2. and it's primarily for selfish reasons. i want it to reach it's potential. it is (on paper) the perfect security solution for people like myself, that have 2 left feet when it comes to Windows and Windows functionality. if i make the wrong call when my HIPS (presently CFP3) asks me a question, Prevx2 is there to bail me out...simple. and i have seen it do just that. i trust the community database (i run in ABC mode..used to do expert mode, but that defeats the point of Prevx2) but if the community has not seen it, and if Prevx2 is set to allow unknown files to run, it studies a process/file for up to 300 malicious profiles. even Threatfire, a dedicated behavioural blocker (last i checked) only is programmed to look for 86 behaviours.

Prevx2 is a wonderful app, that the developers for completely unfathomable reasons is generating a tremendous amount of bad will towards. it's nothing but a simple decision to do right by their licensed users, and the public at large for that matter. their attitude is just supremely exasperating.

Mike

21. simmikie

from you guliani:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1243185&postcount=5

from your website, you bleeding tool.

from my version, installed 02/17/2008, and i did not update for a couple/three months after this release:

[img=http://img146.imagevenue.com/loc1088/th_39830_Prevx2_Build_Screenshot_122_1088lo.jpg]

save your BS for someone else guliani.

Mike

22. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

A tragic thread. IMO, the Prevx folks took their first step in the wrong direction when they let Notok disappear from their staff.

I hope they cease all this CSI folderol & work on Prevx itself. Prevx COULD be a highly successful security app, whereas CSI is just another also-ran in a growing flock of look-alike-wanna-be's.

In the meantime, until Prevx comes to its senses, Threatfire & Drive Sentry are quite good replacements.

23. Threedog

I'm not going to stop using it for now. It does do a good job and covers a lot of bases. My subscription is good until next January so we will see what happens then.

24. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

support told me its almost Final.

only thing not working still, is the vista security centre is not keeping track of its status.

... keep on trucking.

25. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

noted :D
    Nicely put, so near and yet..

FWIW: PrevX are not the only security outfit having some delays with Vista compatible releases.
    OK, so we wait.
    A little to and fro from devs, marketing, whatever, wouldn't hurt !!
    Always helps to keep the payers utd.
    How hard can it be ?
    There is obvious goodwill here and elsewhere for PrevX solution, but there is a risk of losing same..
    Maybe if Vista issues settled then ..vroom..vroom..
    ?? o_O thought I had noted him gone. Last visit here May 19, no posts for a while ??

@CSJ
    ? Told you what is almost final..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.