The aim of this thread is to give feedback to ESET as to changes we would like to see in future upgrades of EAV
Please be very specific so that your suggestion can be written in one line. After this go into DETAIL though remember to try and keep it in plain and simple terms. If it is too complex I will simply add: refer to post number XX. Basically, if I can't understand it, how can I write about it.
If your suggestion has already been discussed in previous threads please post links to such, this may help further explain your case to ESET and others reading your suggestion.
You are welcome to discuss the merits of each and every suggestion, just keep on topic, as there are other parts in the forum to discuss issues.
A list will be maintained by Wilders and ESET staff in this first post enabling people to easily see if their suggestion is already included.
1. Provide "Pause" and "Stop" items on the ESET system tray icon pop up to allow users to pause or stop scans (including scheduled scans). It would also be helpful is the system tray icon changed colour or shape when a scan is running. The problem with using "balloons" to display messages it that users do not see the messages if they are away from the PC.
2. Provide a facility to automatically display on the screen (not a balloon) and/or email the results of a scheduled scan when it completes.
3. Provide "Disable" and "Exit" items on the ESET system tray icon pop up to allow users to temporarily disable all ESET functionality or exit ESET completely.
4. Make EAV 3.0 useable via Windows Scheduled Tasks, where other users may frequently group their tasks.
5. Add a HIPs module.
6. Expand the scope of information captured by Ctrl-C in some dialogs - see post number 7.
7. The ability to skip scheduled scans if a laptop is running on battery power at the time. Some defrag programs offer this functionality.
8. Integrate command line inside EAV and ESS like option scan for easy access
9. Bootscan as option (it demands restarting pc similar the Avast)
10. Elapsed and Estimated time scan pc
11. Add option web protection site advisory
12. Web browser image Access denied "after
" and "before
13. Better User-centric settings control for the GUI. Things like splash screen toggle, etc.
14. More granular control of the password protection for different parts of the program (i.e. Quarantine protection having a different password than other sections).
15. Configurable scheduled scan 'snooze' button, with forced scan completion after X snoozes of Y minutes.
16. Add an option of automatic response when a possible threat is submitted you have actually received it ... an automatic reply you have received the ~threat , no matter if you are going to add it.
17. Active Process Scanning
18. As mentioned above, better self protection (right now, I can kill the process with an application I built in vb. This shouldn't be so easy.)
19. Configurable archive scanning depth
20. Better integration with Mozilla Thunderbird (like it was in 2.7)
21. The ability to make the list of blocked addresses configurable per user so that certain URLs are only blocked for certain users.
22. Add a setting to the proxy filter for programs so users can set auto or manual adding setting so advance users don't get a list full of programs that don't belong in there.
23. Add the non GUI option as some don't need a pretty GUI for AV.
24. Downloading Progress Bar http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=194773