DiamondCS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by G1111, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

I trusted DCS enough to buy their programs along with Wayne's buddy Kevin
    But I was not too happy when the communication stopped.
    I am a forgiving person though and if Wayne himself posts here, I would not think twice about his software again.
    I am on the verge of leaving this forum ~snip~

Bruce

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2007
  2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

We do wish you well in whatever choice you make, Bruce. If, however, there are other concerns you wish to discuss regarding forum management, please feel free to send a PM.

Best regards,

Snap

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I downloaded the free version of process guard to put my unlock code in the register dialog box, but what happened was after I installed PG was the border appeared but the middle. Then PG minimized to the tray then the icon just disappeared. At the left hand top there is the version number, it reads 3.150 not 3.2.
    [edit] I just sent wayne a email exactly what I said in this post

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  4. Steve1961

Steve1961 Registered Member

Probably I've been one of the last "happy" customers of Port Explorer before the long disappearance of DiamondCS (I got my Members Area access on sep 22 2006).
    It's been with surprise that I've seen they came to business again, and I'd be very happy if they really did, because I find Port Explorer very useful.

For the moment I can tell that even for Port Explorer, like for Process Guard :
    1) The version available for download is a very old 2.0 while the last available prior the breakdown was 2.150. In the About screen it is still signed from Jason or Gavin (don't remember the exact detail now and I reinstalled my 2.150, so can't check)
    2) The Members area doesn't work, so I don't have access to my registration code. I followed the "Forgotten Password" procedure, but got no answer after 48 hours
    3) The "Check for new versions" didn't work 3 days ago, but now says I have the latest version availabe
    4) The "Check for new Port and Domain Databases" didn't work 3 days ago, but now works and actually downloaded domains.dat and port.dat, even if I can't tell if they are different from the previous I had.
    5) The freeware tools are packed all together but they seem exactly the same as they were before

I really hope Wayne or anybody from DiamondCS read this forum and encourage them to quicky fix the Members Areas and at least put back the latest releases of their software

I also hope they really come back to business with some updates. It'll be difficult for them to regain the reputation they had before, but some explanation and maybe some excuses could do the miracle

Steve

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I don't understand why the IP address is in Michigan. Whois says "no match" for com.au in the data base but it is a liquidweb address which is in Michigan.

6. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

CallingID shows the site owner to be Diamond Computer Systems Pty Ltd at Perth Western Australia and the server to be in the Unites States.

Although I can recall my forum login, which used to give access to the unlocking codes on the former web site, there appears to be no way of using this information now. The site says that if you lose your unlocking code, you have to buy again.

I think I shall hasten slowly on this one having destroyed my original e-mails from DiamondCS believing that Company to have died.

7. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

Hope that Diamond CS is back from the dead, and if Wayne was sick, that would be a reason why the company seemed to die there for a while. I hope in time the software is updated as is the site, and we get to find out from Wayne himself what happens from this point on. Good to know they aren't dead just yet though...

8. Get

Get Guest

Too sick to post here and say he's sick? Too sick to ask someone to post for him? Hardly believable to put it mildly.

9. Green Giant

I went to: http://www.diamondcs.com.au/support.php and entered 'Members' Area' in that part of the search box at the foot of the page which limits the Google search to diamondcs.com.au.

I found the Members' Area, but my e-mail address, which I used to use for DiamondCS, was unrecognised as was my the Members' Area password. I then tried the 'forgotten password' facility, but no reply as yet.

The repeated claim of free upgrades, once one has made an initial purchase, appears again, but I don't think I shall be rushing to pay more money to this Company.

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Just e-mailed DCS asking them to respond to this thread so maybe everyone could get some answers. Weather they do or not I don't know.
    If I get a responding e-mail i'll post back as I know many here are interested in knowing whats going on with DCS.

11. Green Giant

I forgot to say that I downloaded the Help file of Process Guard from the new DiamondCS site, but no advice appeared in the right hand pane alongside the topics listed.

12. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I think this new DCS is just a shell or sc*m or bought the domain.

13. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Well as for myself I already lost money with DiamondCS (bought one of their product two weeks before they closed!) so before I invest anything else it will take more than a new Website.:doubt:

14. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

What's happening here has had me thinking a bit about the situation. I think that quote above has a large bearing. I was a happy DCS customer, and sincerely hope Wayne is well. But to bring DCS back to life there are some significant hurdles to be over come.

1) Technical issues.

When PG was released it was ahead of it's time, unique. There was nothing else like it on the market. Today that is no longer true. In fact PG is already dated. Still useful yes, but some of it's competitiors are well ahead of it today. Coming out with a new, unique program, just isn't going to be as easy.

2) Business Model

DCS took a tough choice in business model's. Prosecurity for example offers single and site licenses that give updates thru version 2. Not a bad move as it can sale more product if version 2 is really good. SSM on the other hand chose the same thing DCS did. A lifetime license. No additional revenue. Given it's a tough market to expand in a big way, no additional revenue is a tough hurdle. Most of the people who will be inclined to do business with DCS, have already bought those licenses.

3) The biggest and toughest hurdle of all - trust.

Trust is the lifeblood of many small businesses. I know I own one. If people don't trust your word, you are dead. Just a matter of time. When I discover a problem, I don't wait, I call the client, and accept responsibility. People know anyone can have problems, but it's how you address them, that is critical. DCS was doing badly there before they disappeared. I too am skeptical, that even if ill, communication wasn't possible. But lets assume it wasn't. Then the smart thing is the minute the website changes start going up, and you know people will see it, get in here, and post an announcement, as well as a detailed explanation. I think they are already blowing it again.

You might think that Wayne doesn't owe an explanation, because whatever the problem, it's his private life. Wrong. When you own and run a small business, and your private life causes business problems, you have be candid with your customers, IF, you want them to trust you.

In summary, would I like to see DCS and Wayne come back. Sure. Do I think they can. I am very doubtful.

Pete

15. Carver

Carver Registered Member

This whole thread/situation gives me Déjà vu

16. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Do you mean with just this program or with PCs in general? o_O ;)

17. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: If indeed the products were to be salvageable, I would do this, if I were Wayne, to stay in background directing all traffic, and let damage control/salvage experts to face the music. If these guys are lucky and competent enough, perhaps past clients and potential customers will accept the story, otherwise , is like throwing water balloon against stonewall-burst. We will find out evry soon, if the news is reliable.

18. Carver

Carver Registered Member

The program, it feels like we've been at this same point with DCS when they discontinued TDS-3(their Flagship app) without any notice. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=90017

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  19. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Fool me once shame on you,fool me twice shame on, etc...

20. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

My thoughts exactly!:cool:

21. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Hola Pete, you might want to update your SSM information. Check HERE. The license for SSM is annually renewable -- at a price.

As for DCS -- the fact that their site's server is elsewhere than Australia is not conclusive evidence of anything. The servers for my websites are hosted quite distant from where I live.

22. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I completely agree with your analysis of the situation. With TDS sudden death (luckily I didn't buy the program) I thought, well all products can be changed or discontinued without notice (although this doesn't appear to be a condition with security applications), afterall he (Wayne) is going to suffer the consequences commercially speaking.

But the total demise of DCS, without a single word, with people buying the program and receiving nothing is not only a commercial suicide, but in Australia somebody could have certainly sued him in court.

As for an eventually revolutionary comeback, who is going to trust him? My guess is that he's sold the company to somebody else, and soon DCS will reappear 'under new management'.

No Thanks.

23. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Concur.

24. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Okay, they smartened up. I have a site lifetime license, which they offered. THis was back before the staff cutback. Actually I am glad to see they changed that.

Pete

25. Green Giant

Searching for DiamondCS with www.google.com.au and then for "Wayne Langlois" revealed nothing current that I could find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.