Can't install NOD32 Security Beta 2

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Robert Johnson, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson Registered Member

I tried to install NOD32 Security Beta 2 ontop of Beta 1 as suggested, this didn't work, so rebooted, uninstalled Beta 1 and tried again, but I just get the following message...

"This product does not support upgrade from older versions of NOD32. Please unistall NOD32 and run the installer again"

I am Baffled. NOD is completely off my system now. I originally bought a 2 year licence for Virus protection, installed Beta 1 with no problems, but this has left me baffled?

Any Ideas...?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

When you uninstall the beta, make sure you go documents and settings, all users, application data (which is hidden by the way and you will have to set your computer to view hidden files), you will find an Eset folder. Delete that folder after you uninstall the beta.

Then try a reinstall.

3. Robert Johnson

I am using Vista. Found the hidden folder and deleted it, but still get the same message...Is there anything else I can try? I can't go back to the likes of Norton..

"This product does not support upgrade from older versions of NOD32. Please unistall NOD32 and run the installer again"

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. Robert Johnson

Thanks. Works now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.