what does run list corrupted mean?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by divedog, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. divedog

divedog Registered Member

I am new to Acronis and was attempting my first image restore. I recently tried Perfect disc 7.0 to defrag my drive, shortly after that I noticed a game was giving me errors so I thought I could try to restore from an image I have on the second drive to eliminate the defrag I did with perfect disc as the problem. When I tried to restore I saw a splash screen that said run list corrupted after the restore use you’re operating system disc utilities to check. I aborted the system restore so that I could get some advice here first. What is a run list and how can I check to see if it is corrupted?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello divedog,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please verify the image archive by means of the Check Image tool and let me know the result. If the image is corrupted you cannot restore it. If the image is ok, please describe your actions in "Restore Image" wizard.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. divedog

Sorry it took so long to reply my ISP is having some problems. The image verified fine. When I try to restore it using the wizard it prompts me to select the file I would like to restore. I selected the backup file from my second internal drive that I want to restore to the c drive. Then I am asked to select the drive that I want to restore to, I selected c drive. Then it starts analyzing I am not sure which drive it is analyzing. After analyzing I get a splash screen that says.

The selected partition contains the following error: run list corrupted please note that you cannot change the file system and size of this partition. It is recommended that you check these partitions after restoration with you’re operating system disk tools.

I don’t have any partions on c or d drive they are complete drives.
    Operating system is XP sp2

4. Acronis Support

Hello divedog,

Could you please create Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions), send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Irina Shirokova. We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. divedog

I will do that this weekend thanx.

6. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

It really sounds like that run list corrupted message is referring to your existing C drive partition NOT the Image archive. In other words, there is a problem with the destination partition. Have you tried running Chkdsk on it yet? Go to My Computer, right click the C drive and choose Properties. Select the Tools tab and press the Check Now button under error checking. Check the automatically fix box and the scan for bad sectors box. It will tell you that it will run on next reboot. Say OK, and reboot. Let chkdsk run on your C drive. Then try the restore wizard again and see if you get the run list corrupted again.

Also try searching the MS knowledge base for the message.

7. Acronis Support

Hello divedog,

When you will send the letter to us, please tell me your Acronis request # (which will be send to you in autoreply) in this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. divedog

As Jimmytop suggested I scanned the disk for errors and found a few. I then created a new image. Now it seems to analyze just fine. I have not tried to do a restore using the image. Thanks for the quick response; I think all is well now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.