JAP's using TOR's mixes :)

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by iceni60, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i have just run JAP for the first time since i did my reinstall and it has all changed, the GUI is different and there are more options :). here's a screenshot. i can't get a network connection with it. and Kerio is being temperamental and wont open so i can't see my rules :mad: i might have to reinstall Kerio so i can start to work out what is happening. Anyway, how long ago did it change? if you press Fetch List in the TOR tab do you get TOR's servers?

Attached Files:

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

See the Using JAP to access Tor thread for more on this - it sounds like the JAP team have (finally?) updated the production version of their client.

BTW I can understand my thread being missed - Wilders' search engine's inability to handle 3-letter terms rules out being able to look for JAP, Tor, mix and other related terms...

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, i did try a search :D i ended up using google and then had a quick look back through the threads too. i'm going to have alook at your thread now, i think i'll have to reinstall my FW it's working network wise, but wont do anything else, but sit in the tray.

Is Jap working right now? i get an error, if it's working i need to get to my rules.

so, when you use TOR it only has one router? and not 2 or 3 in a row?

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

I've not used JAP for a while now since throughput seems so much better with Tor (typically double, but more if JAP is having a hard day :(). As for routers, Tor's client by default runs traffic through 3 mix servers - there does not appear to be an option to adjust this like there is in JAP.

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, P2K :) i'm going to bed now to watch Ray Mear on TV :cool: so i'll set it up in the morning. thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.