MBR error 1 & can't boot from Acronis disks

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by M S, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M S

M S Guest

Disk Director Suite 9
    True Image 8
    Win XP

I was trying to copy a primary partition. Disk Director Suite 9 told me it was going to reboot, then I got the message below.

Non-system disk, press any key...
    MBR Error 1
    Press any key to boot from floppy...

Neither the Disk Director boot disk nor the True Image boot disk are capable of booting the machine, even though it WILL boot and recover from the manufacturer's recovery CD (same error after recovery though).

1) The machine came with Win XP so there is a hidden emergency recovery partition though I'm not sure that will do any more than the manufacturer's recovery disks have done.
    2) I have no floppy drive or CD burning capability other than on the machine that's down.
    3) This is a brand new machine so there is nothing on the drive (other than the Windows recovery partition) that can't be wiped/replaced.
    4) The drive has a second (intact?) bootable partition and I have an image of the original one on a DVD.
    5) I had not yet made a True Image or Disk Director emergency recovery CD so don't have a copy of the MBR.

Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. "no command for booting operating system" is my error. Support gave me a link to download and create a bootable floppy, but I don't have a floppy drive to use- just a CDRW. This was www.acronis.com/files/support/acronisreport.exe
    Does anyone know if there is a way to put it on a CD instead?

Thanks!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello helpneedednow,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Diks Managing Software.

Have you tried to fix MBR in the way proposed in my previous post? Did the problem remain?

To get Acronis Report you may plug the hard drive to another computer where you have bootable Windows and create report on that computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.