View Full Version : https:*.0.0.0.0 in trusted sites
April 25th, 2002, 08:28 PM
I read the posts on this at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,3123774~root=security,1~mode=flat but am still confused on the issue.
I have *.0.0.0.0 in my trusted site, I deleted it once but it came back. *I just recently added a host file and AdShield to my system (the host file is one that is mentioned in an AdShield post).
So it this something to worry about or can it stay there?
April 25th, 2002, 08:42 PM
I repaired the link you posted; hope you didn't mind *;)
April 25th, 2002, 08:53 PM
No not at all :)
April 25th, 2002, 09:55 PM
I'm afraid I cannot help you much with this issue *:-[
Did you try to get rid of it the way that was posted in that thread at the DSLR-forum?
I hope someone else will jump in.
April 25th, 2002, 10:20 PM
* * * *am not a computer wiz.....but the thought came to me that this may work....
* * * IE will allow a url to be in only one zone....
* * boot to safe mode.....delete that url from the trusted zone and immediately put it in the restricted zone......type it the same way its shown in the trusted zone.
* * once its in the restricted zone IE may not allow it to re-enter the trusted zone.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * snowman
* * *
April 25th, 2002, 10:35 PM
* * * * * was just checking my "zones" because I recalled that for some reason I had put that url in the restricted zone months ago..........an sure enough I had.....an its typed just as listed by Logan......*0.0.0.0 * * so there must have been a particular reason I typed it that way........just can't remember what it was.......
* * * * * * * * *snowman
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2013, Wilders Security Forums