Win32.sillyDI.AC

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by gmill, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmill

gmill Registered Member

In the past few days my computer has become really slow. I ran a virus checker, EZ anti virus, on monday 11th, which I started at 3:30pm and was still running at 1:30am, and it detected a virus called win32.sillyDI.AC. I was at university the next day so i shut my computer down and ran the virus checker again on the Tuesday, the same virus appeared and was deleted. The operating system I use is XP.

However my computer is still running slow and as a result I cannot use programs such as Word or use my internet browsers, IE and Mozilla Firefox, The only browser that works is Opera. Whenever I open up any progarm it freezes and I have to open up the task manager and do an end task. In the task manager, when i have no programs open the CPU usage is always at 100%. Is this normal?

I have tried to download tds 3 and trojan hunter but when i try to install them i get an error message informing me that it is unable to create a directory. I have also tried to run the stinger application but this also takes a long time and eventually freezes. My anti virus is useless as it takes so long to scan my computer. Also Iam unable to open up any sort of zip file or .rar file.

This is really starting to annoy me as I am in 4th year at university and i need to have my computer.

I would gratefully appreciate any help with my problem, Thanks.

2. Storm

Storm Registered Member

Hi gmill!

You could try the following:

Download the Free Antivirus Toolkit Utility from MicroWorld:

http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/free_utilities.asp

Reboot into Safe Mode and then scan your computer with it...

This free scanner uses the extended bases of Kaspersky Antivirus and should catch a LOT of malware

Good Luck!
    Storm

3. gmill

gmill Registered Member

Thanks i will give it a try. I hope it works!

4. gmill

gmill Registered Member

Nope still no joy. I got an error message saying it can't create output file. :blink:

5. Storm

Storm Registered Member

Hmm...strange...

In this case I'd suggest you go to the Castle Cops Security forum and post a Hijackthis-Log in the corresponding forum there:

http://computercops.biz/forums.html

Before you post anything please read their posting rules:

http://computercops.biz/postt8864.html

If it's some malware friggin up your PC I am sure this guys will be able to help!

Good Luck!

Storm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.