Firefox and VB 3

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Nick, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Registered Member

Am I the only one here using Firefox? Probably not. Anyways, when I hit the back button I am taken back to the top of the page and not to where I was when I clicked on a link. For example, if I am halfway down in the update alerts forum and I click on a link and read the thread, and then use the back button, I am taken to the prvious page, but all the way at the top. Then I have to scroll down to where I was and then continue. There is another board I have been to that uses VB 3 and I have the same problem, so I'm thinking that it's something with Firefox that isn't reading right or VB 3 has been "optimized" for IE. If I use IE, then it works normally, it goes to the spot on the previous page that I was on.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if I'm the only one having this problem.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Nick,

Mele20 is using Firefox without any problems; have a look over here, reply # 35.

regards.

paul

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, NICK

Have you tried opening the links with Right click>open in New Window.

Just a Thought.
    TheQuest :cool:

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

What version? 0.8 or a nightly? I don't have what you describe as happening with 0.8. Are you using TBE? You mentioned if you clicked on a link and then when you came back here you are jumped to the top of the page instead of where you left off when you clicked the link. I use TBE and if I click a link here, the new page opens in a new tab. I view it and then either close the tab or hit the back button and either way I come back exactly to where I was on the page when I first clicked the link. I highly recommend Tabbedbrowserextensions. That is a major reason I use Firefox.

This software displays great on Firefox...I wish there wasn't so much blue here but that has nothing to do with Firefox or the display per se or the behavior of Firefox here.

I was having a TERRIBLE time with Firefox on the old software here. It was awful. Much worse things happening that what is happening to you now. All those problems disappeared with this new software. I do appear to have one serious problem and I think it is connected to tabbed browsing, never logging out here and having more than one browser open on this site at the same time, but I have to observe this a lot longer before I can be sure as it could be something else going on. It may turn out to have nothing to do with this software plus I haven't yet taken Mike's advice to reset everything here which may solve this too. Anyhow, with this one possible exception, Firefox works much better here with the new software than it did before where I had to finally use another browser here.

5. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Nope, same here :'(

6. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

I also have Firefox 0.8 but I do NOT have the problem you are having :eek:
    If I click on a link - like the one Paul linked to a post of Mele - a new window opens for me - and I get back again to the same post.

As far as I know I didn't do anything "special" :D

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Ladies and gents,

Looking at all replies, this doesn't seem board software related - it would have in case all FF users would report problems; and that's by far the case ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.